The "E" series Dodge Bros Trucks

stakeside

There many components of these trucks.

1) Frame numbers

2) Engine types: Victory, DA, Senior

3) Body construction materials

4) Frame type whether level top or raised over rear axle.

I own a S114xxx and a S115xxx. They have the DA 6 motor # H 79xxx and # H 88xxx.

The cabs are wood framed with steel clad components.

The frames are level over the rear axle.

I believe my trucks are essentially Graham built trucks with Dodge badges or nameplates.

There has plenty treads discussing the "E" series trucks, and good summaries of frame #'s and plant production location.

Any comment on these component would be of interest to fellow Dodge Bros collectors.

There many components of these trucks.

1) Frame numbers

2) Engine types: Victory, DA, Senior

3) Body construction materials

4) Frame type whether level top or raised over rear axle.

I own a S114xxx and a S115xxx. They have the DA 6 motor # H 79xxx and # H 88xxx.

The cabs are wood framed with steel clad components.

The frames are level over the rear axle.

I believe my trucks are essentially Graham built trucks with Dodge badges or nameplates.

There has plenty treads discussing the "E" series trucks, and good summaries of frame #'s and plant production location.

Any comment on these component would be of interest to fellow Dodge Bros collectors.

Hi Stakeside,

I'm particularly interested in #3 on your list.

Can you tell me what you have found in your research, specifically for the manufacturers that may have built the bodies on these trucks in the transition years from 28-30 ?

Any clues or suggestions are always welcome, from anyone ...

Thank you,

Dave

Hi Stakeside,

I'm particularly interested in #3 on your list.

Can you tell me what you have found in your research, specifically for the manufacturers that may have built the bodies on these trucks in the transition years from 28-30 ?

Any clues or suggestions are always welcome, from anyone ...

Thank you,

Dave

The Budd bodies were advertised as "ALL STEEL". Not clear yet if the "F" series were all steel construction.

I believe your DA cab is steel/wood composite construction as is my 29 DE cab. May be that all "E" series were steel/wood.

Yet to understand who built the cab for composite DB truck. My book "Legends of Graham" states the Graham cabs were build in Evansville.

Do not know if Stockton build there own cabs. My Stockton truck is made of white oak. This is a common local wood. Do not know what other plants used in the cab.

Fellow DB owner:

Sherman

The Budd bodies were advertised as "ALL STEEL". Not clear yet if the "F" series were all steel construction.

I believe your DA cab is steel/wood composite construction as is my 29 DE cab. May be that all "E" series were steel/wood.

Yet to understand who built the cab for composite DB truck. My book "Legends of Graham" states the Graham cabs were build in Evansville.

Do not know if Stockton build there own cabs. My Stockton truck is made of white oak. This is a common local wood. Do not know what other plants used in the cab.

Fellow DB owner:

Sherman

At first glance (from photos of mine I have on file) I'd say mine is white oak also but I need to look into that a little more later when I can get better access to the truck since its in storage and buried currently.

Since mine is a Panel I would think that the cab and rear components would have been built and assembled at the same location but not sure of the construction process. I guess the cab could have been built, shipped and later the Panels could have been added at a different locale.

BTW I seen you posted the Evansville and Stockton plant on another thread, have you come accross any Detroit photos that discussed the locations of any trucks or truck parts that would have been assembled there in Detroit ?

If yours is a "S" truck it was built in Stockton. Not sure if the wood portion fabricated there or sent from Evansville and assembled in Stockton. I do believe the cab and panel were of one unit. See attached post reference.

Does your DA 124 have wood sub frame for the floor?

I ran across a fellow DB Club member in Long Beach Ca. His name is M Roth. He has a DA 124 also. Check your DB Club rooster of members list.

I do have any information on the Detroit Plant.

FWI note the June 2014 DB Club Meet in Detroit. They are requesting DB and GB trucks for all years. I doubt I would be able to get my truck there, but hope to attend.

Note the different axle types.

My DE model axle is shown in the Master Parts Book figure "Plate 1".

The DA-120 and DA-124 axle is shown on Plate 3. This agrees with my photo of a DA-124 axle (with fender) and my DE axle (without fender).

This may be a unique difference between these models.

post-71470-143141787057_thumb.jpg

post-71470-143141787027_thumb.jpg

post-71470-143141787038_thumb.jpg

post-71470-143141787047_thumb.jpg

post-71470-143141787051_thumb.jpg

If yours is a "S" truck it was built in Stockton. Not sure if the wood portion fabricated there or sent from Evansville and assembled in Stockton. I do believe the cab and panel were of one unit. See attached post reference.

Does your DA 124 have wood sub frame for the floor?

I ran across a fellow DB Club member in Long Beach Ca. His name is M Roth. He has a DA 124 also. Check your DB Club rooster of members list.

I do have any information on the Detroit Plant.

FWI note the June 2014 DB Club Meet in Detroit. They are requesting DB and GB trucks for all years. I doubt I would be able to get my truck there, but hope to attend.

dodge30panel

Does your DA 124 cab have a wood sub floor? If so what condition is it in? Curios if it is similar to my 1929 DE.

dodge30panel

Does your DA 124 cab have a wood sub floor? If so what condition is it in? Curios if it is similar to my 1929 DE.

Floor ??!! What floor ?....

post-69994-143141794282_thumb.jpg

I do have the steel plated floor locked away in storage but it's not pictured. Here is what it supposed to look like.

post-69994-1431417943_thumb.jpg

[ATTACH=CONFIG]182349[/ATTACH]

My floor looks like this when I remove the 3/4" oak flooring. The area I was speaking of is the area between the cab and frame channel. The attached photo shows a portion below the steel seat box. All structural support behind the cowl door pillar is white oak. The cab skin is attached with small nails.

post-71470-143141795351_thumb.jpg

This not a Budd All Steel body

Hard to tell but it looks similar.

Ok, so mines not a Budd body because of the wood then, is that correct ?

All we can say mine is not a"ALL STEEL" cab. Do not know who build the steel panels for these trucks. Never saw a tag or stamp on my body or firewall.