1972 Buick Skylark blade fuse conversion

Guest 72Big_Red

Guest 72Big_Red

Hello

I recently purchased a new dash harness and a painless 12 circuit blade fuse conversion kit. Has anyone done this swap before. I tried wiring the new harness up to the new fuse box prior to installation but found it to be very painful. Any help would be appreciated.

(painful . . . painless??)

Personally, I'd rather have the "glass tube" fuses rather than the "blade" fuses. Easier to see which ones are "blown" or about to blow, from my perspective.

In any electrical system "conversion", there will almost certainly be some "cross-breeding" to be done. Easiest thing to do would have been to just purchase a repro harness from a reputable vendor and ask then to build it with a "blade" fuse fuse box, if possible. Otherwise, you get the "universal" kit you have.

I have known of Painless Wiring for decades, before it was the respected company it now is. The key thing, back then, was that they used OEM-spec wiring and other items in their harness kits. I have no issues with their products at all--period! But in using any universal-style harness to replace a factory harness, it's not going to be a "bolt-in" situation, generally, but one which will require some extra work to get things right.

Regards,

NTX5467