My pin collection grows

I posted something quite a while ago about these radiator script style pins. Since then, I've added a few to the collection, and recently added a super rare one - Firestone Columbus. I've also learned the majority of these pins were made by a company in Allentown PA called Grammes. They closed up more than 25 years ago and I understand a small assortment of pins was discovered still in storage somewhere within the factory. Anyone with information on the company, the variety produced and what became of those that remained please chime in here or email me. I've attached a couple of pics with a few pieces from my collection. I also continue to add names as I encounter them in other collections, museums, and wherever I can find them. So far, I believe pins were made for:

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if !mso]><object classid="clsid:38481807-CA0E-42D2-BF39-B33AF135CC4D" id=ieooui></object> <style> st1\:*{behavior:url(#ieooui) } </style> <![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <o:shapedefaults v:ext="edit" spidmax="1026"/> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <o:shapelayout v:ext="edit"> <o:idmap v:ext="edit" data="1"/> </o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--> Packard, Pierce Arrow, Studebaker, Rambler, EMF, Glide, Cadillac, Speedwell, Simplex, Chadwick, Corbin Jackson, Buick, Ford, Halladay, Veilie, Hudson, Cutting, Maxwell, IHC, Franklin, National, Overland, Mitchell, Cole.

I've seen both bicycle and car pins advertising Pierce and those made for the car actually say Pierce Arrow on them. The Rambler pin is not the same as the more commonly found Rambler script with a clasp on the back. The pin made for Case although stamped brass, is the eagle on the globe logo so I've not listed it as a "script" pin.

I display the pins by using these early pin cushions that look like early cars. The turn up fairly often in antique shops and flea markets.

post-30751-143141760413_thumb.jpg

post-30751-143141760455_thumb.jpg

post-30751-143141760487_thumb.jpg

• 3 months later...
Guest brass-is-class

Very interesting Terry! Let us know if you ever find one for Moyer!

Gary Smith - H. A. Moyer Regsitry

Hi Gary, sure would like to find a Moyer pin. Have you ever seen one? I have no idea of what was manufactured. Looking forward to seeing a Hershey!

Terry

Guest brass-is-class

Haven't ever seen one Terry. Didn,t know anything like these were ever produced until I saw your post! I'll bet they're extremely rare. You're fortunate to have found all that you have. So no Moyer pins, but I did acquire a pair of Moyer sidelamps several years ago from a very nice guy named Terry........Bond! : )

Look forward to seeing you in Hershey also, God willing! Take care Terry. - Gary

• 9 months later...