1938 Packard 4 door convertible

Guest BJM

Appears to be a 1938 Packard 1601 8 cylinder, model 120. These are very nice car, great power and easy steering. This particular model is not recognized as a Classic by the Classic Car Club of America, but that doesn't take away the classic styling that is evident in the design. For a long time the 120's were not expensive cars in the hobby, being overshadowed by the larger series Super 8's and 12's. However, they bring good money these days. This car restored would be something over 50K, although not, in my opinion, as high as the one in this advertisement:

Packard 1938 | Convertible Sedan used for sale

There's something strange about the tire cover, looks too smooth and is a full cover, not like the original.

Thanks Dave. I came upon this car because I went to look at some Cadillac limousines this sellow has for sale and I certainly noticed this car, being a Packard fan. He wants $30.000 and seems intent on not taking less - as I learned from his Cadillac prices. He is a very nice man whom I have had the occasion to view his cars 3 times.

The car came from a museum in Wisconsin and was brought to his town by a different gentleman who started a restoration. Once he lost interest, my friend purchased the car and has done a great deal of bodywork. As he is north of 70 years old, he now has lost interest.

This fellow owns a grandfathered in salvage/project yard so the city can't touch him. His main building has several high dollar cars packed in the back in such a way that it would be hard to get anything out.

This car sits toward the front. I was just curious if based on the details shown someone could figure out the "position" in the Packard line.