1955 Buick Roadmaster

Guest capeeton

Guest capeeton

Can anyone tell me what a 55 Buick road master is worth? its all there but does not run, it needs a door skin on the front door and one rear qt. panel on the bottom. the guy wants 700. for it

If it is what you say, it may well be worth the asking price in parts, in my opinion. But, it would be good to provide some more info, and photos. If you mean about flipping, do you mean buying and trying to cast a wider net for a customer at a price that would make you a profit, it is still hard to tell from the limited description.

John

Just saw the photos. Most definately, my opinion is that it is worth $700. However, after a closer look, I think there is far more of a rust problem that suggested in the first post. But, if you pass on the car, I bet the owner can find someone on this forum that would be interested, especially if you can tell us the general location.

Also, are you sure this is not a Century Model and not a Roadmaster?

John

Edited by jscheib
Revised (see edit history)

I have restored two 57 chevs but know nothing about a Buick

Really useful reply there, ha!

Anyhoo, do a search there are several of these that have sold lately. The value of a fully restored perfect Roadmaster Sedan is going to be difficult to get past 20K.

You would have over 20K in this car in about a week, ha.

On top of all that, the car you are showing here is not a Roadmaster it is a Super, which further depresses the price. I would say fully restored, and I mean FULLY restored, this would be about 15K car. These aren't that rare.

Good Luck!

Just saw the photos. Most definately, my opinion is that it is worth $700. However, after a closer look, I think there is far more of a rust problem that suggested in the first post. But, if you pass on the car, I bet the owner can find someone on this forum that would be interested, especially if you can tell us the general location.

John

John, you are correct, it isn't a Roadmaster. It is a Super.

Good eye, of course Buick helps a fella out. It says Super Right on the side of the car.:D

John

It is not a Century

it is not a Roadmaster

It is a 1955 Super model 52