56 New Yorker conv

Guest multicylinder

Guest multicylinder

I have the opportunity to buy a to be restored 1956 New Yorker conv. The car is in rust free condition and good interior/top but only has a damaged grille/bumper issue with no further frame or body work damage only needs a repaint.

Years ago my dad had a 55 New Yorker coupe wich needed a lot of bodywork and we decided not to restore but sell instead. I liked the 55 alot so that's why i have an interest in the 56 now.

Now my question is since the 56 has front end damage,is it possible to fit a 1955 grille and bumper to the 56? I much prefer the 55 look on the front.

Any info is appreciated

Peter

The front ends should interchange fully from the cowl forward. Assuming you have found a nice donor vehicle just unbolt the hood, the front fenders inside the door jamb and underneath, remove the radiator, loosen bottom attachments to the radiator support and to inner fenders and lift one off and reverse procedure for the other. Paint to match.

Nice find on the convert. If you DON'T buy the rag top, send me a PM; I'm interested.