Disaster

stealthbob

I think you should go back and read post #19. You waited 2 years to find this car and instead of being grateful that they stepped up and gave you everything you originally wanted, now you want more.

Easy for you Sir to throw out the peanuts at me...I have been living with this BS since before Christmas, I have a right to demand a little respect. The terms changed when they took an extra 2 months to fix the car.

I was originally told a couple of weeks which was why I was ok with the terms, I wanted more but was willing to work with them....add two more months and you think I should be happy with paying $2,600 for this service??????

Also should I be grateful they stepped up and did what they should have done? They should not really get ANY credit for doing what was right. It's just that in this day we are used to getting screwed so we expect nothing. All they did was fix their negligence...I'm still left with a loss of originality and a freaking total of a 4 and a half month wait.

A simple gesture would have been nice...no, I got a BS comment that I was told it was going to be at least 8 weeks?????

So now I get to pay full amount and maybe a week or two they will deliver it as they have to wait for a load to come my way.

I'm only a 4 hour drive away....yeash.

Bahhh....I"m done, zero energy left for this.

I'm tired of stressing over my 1st world problems, the car will come, I will pay and then I will love the car and forget about everything else.

Not to get too deep here but there is more going on with my life right now than a late delivered car, I may be misplacing a little of that energy.

It has to be totally frustrating to have to deal with all this Bob. I empathize with you. Letting it go is easier said than done, but the better thing to do in my humble opinion. Can't wait to see you and this old gal in Southbend. Chances are it will be one of the nicer 54's on the field.

Easy for you Sir to throw out the peanuts at me...I have been living with this BS since before Christmas, I have a right to demand a little respect. The terms changed when they took an extra 2 months to fix the car.

I was originally told a couple of weeks which was why I was ok with the terms, I wanted more but was willing to work with them....add two more months and you think I should be happy with paying $2,600 for this service??????

Also should I be grateful they stepped up and did what they should have done? They should not really get ANY credit for doing what was right. It's just that in this day we are used to getting screwed so we expect nothing. All they did was fix their negligence...I'm still left with a loss of originality and a freaking total of a 4 and a half month wait.

A simple gesture would have been nice...no, I got a BS comment that I was told it was going to be at least 8 weeks?????

So now I get to pay full amount and maybe a week or two they will deliver it as they have to wait for a load to come my way.

I'm only a 4 hour drive away....yeash.

Bob what you have is a rare car I get that.

I also know from your posts that one of the reasons why the delivery of your car was delayed [after the damage] was that they had to find a windshield. Who could have for seen that the windshield would arrive damaged and that another would have to be ordered. And I am sure windshields for your car are not common.

I also can't help but wonder what might have happened with the settlement of your car if the owner was not a "car guy" [your words ] and would have picked up the phone and called his attorney or insurance agent and been advised to find out what you paid for the car [less then it was worth, also your words] and said "This man [you Bob] never took possession of the car prior to the accident? Refund his delivery charge and we'll pay him for the price he paid for the car".

And if that had happened you would have no car and once again would have to start your search for another. [Remember it took you two years to find this one]

Now I know from reading your posts that this was [and still is] a truly remarkable car [it even had the original slip covers on the seats, your words]. I am just surprised that you have decided to let this go when I am the only one who questioned why you wanted a partial refund on your delivery charge.

I have read enough of your other posts to know that you seem to be a pretty good guy. I also know from reading posts from others that we are just "caretakers" of these cars for just a period of time. I also commend you on your desire for this car to be as close to what it was when it came off the assembly line.

In closing I am sorry for even commenting at all. I am much more comfortable on the Reatta forum where the "new" cars are. I will try to do a better job of where and how I comment in the future.

I would not have come back to comment except for how you worded your response. I got the feeling that I was to say more. If I misread your comment on that I am sorry for that as well.

DAVE89, thanks you for your opinion on the subject...just because one just doesn't want to hear it doesn't make it any less valid.

I tend to get very wrapped up in emotion when it comes to somethings, typing out those thoughts here for discussion seems to be therapeutic.

While I still hold the same opinion on the the shipping charges...your comment I think "centered" my thoughts and I was able to release myself from it all. Who needs needless stress over things completely out of my control? It's a complete waste of time, energy and effort.

It was a beautiful warm day here...spent some time cleaning the garage for Harriet's Arrival.

Maybe I'll catch up with ya in South Bend....thanks

Edited by stealthbob (see edit history)

I think you should go back and read post #19. You waited 2 years to find this car and instead of being grateful that they stepped up and gave you everything you originally wanted, now you want more.

It took him two years to find the car he wanted. And he expected it to be delivered in a reasonable time and in the same condition that it was when purchased. The work that had to be done to make the car right again is separate from the shipping cost and delivery time.

After such a long delay, It would not be unreasonable to expect a waiver of the fee

Sent from my BlackBerry 9370 using Tapatalk

Guest loadmaster

Sorry to hear of your misfortune Bob ! I have a similar ongoing situation with a Transporter from Rogers Arkansas Here's the story...

I have a friend that's starting a restoration on a '69 Grand prix SJ. He was in need of a donor body so I went searching the west coast. I found a running/driving car with a 428 engine and he made the purchase. Another friend knew of a broker that arranged hauling and she suggested this guy with an $ 800.00 rate from LA to Chicago. Being anxious and cheap, my buddy jumped at the price instead of quality.

The arrival day comes and the first thing I notice is the front bumper valance hanging off the car at a 90 degree angle. OK, a used valance is worth about $ 150.00 so no biggie especially considering his already low price. He pays the guy and off he goes. A bit later we put the car up on a lift at his shop to inspect the undercarriage. Those California bodies are something to behold, and I'm not talking about the women. As soon as it was up in the air we both noticed fresh tears on the frame holes where he had landed his chain hooks and not in 1 place but 5 different locations. The car had not been properly snugged down and he must have been flying with the car bouncing around.

I called the broker and she gave me his insurance information and I called Progressive. They came out and did an estimate only to tell me the following day that they would not pay out as the damage as it was less than the driver's deductible. We have made numerous phone calls over the past few months and all have fallen on deaf ears. I surely hope you have better luck !

One last bit of advice. Make sure your arbitrator (body shop or whatever) knows the score so you don't get caught up with storage charges. AND whatever you do, don't take delivery until there is $$$ on the table.

Rich

Edited by MrEarl
Removed Company name to meet AACA rules. Anyone desiring to know should PM poster. (see edit history)

Sorry to hear about your experience...

As much as I want to...I have not mentioned the carrier as these forums do not allow negative posts about negative experiences with named suppliers.

Anyone who wants to know just PM me and I will be more than happy to oblige.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Peter Bird

Mate, that was rotten luck but it looks like it's in the hands of some caring people. Coming up a treat!

• 1 month later...