!951 ignition lock

NickST

Hi , everyone i have just joined this forum and own a 1951 Buick Super . I live in The U.K , and do not come across many other owners to ask advice from .I have to replace my ignition lock as it has finally worn out and is now permanently stuck on the lock position . Is this an easy job to do and if so I would be grateful if anyone could run me through it . thanks . Nick .post-91194-143141743486_thumb.jpg

Guest shadetree77

1952 Buick Chassis Manual, All Series

You can click that link above and download each and every section to the 1952 Service Manual. Ignition replacement in section 10-52. By the way, welcome to the forum! You have come to the right place. Lots of friendly and knowledgeable Buick guys here. Would love to see some more pictures of your '51. Maybe head on over to the Me and My Buick section and start a thread for your car.

Thanks for you help I have discovered how to remove the cylinder with instruction from a 1950 buick shop manual .Have removed it and turned the ignition switch with a

screwdrider but still no engine turn over when pressing the gas pedal could , this be that the ignition switch is worn and needs replacing .

Thanks once again for your help .

Nick .

Nick,

Welcome to the forum of Classic Buick owners. Your 51' Buick Super 4dr looks great. Waiting to see more pictures posted. hope you are able to resolve your ignition switch soon so you can enjoy driving the beautiful car on the road.

Congratulations again for joing the forum.

Don (2Buicks)

Nick,

Welcome to the forum of Classic Buick owners. Your 51' Buick Super 4dr looks great. Waiting to see more pictures posted. hope you are able to resolve your ignition switch soon so you can enjoy driving the beautiful car on the road.

Congratulations again for joing the forum.

Don (2Buicks)

Thanks Don , Seems not to be a problem with my ignition switch after all she has been starting fine today , looks like something to do with the connection from the start switch from the gas pedal to the starter motor . Have to do a bit of investigation i think . I have attached a few Pictures of "daisy" my 51 Super .post-91194-143141746129_thumb.jpg

post-91194-143141746032_thumb.jpg

post-91194-143141746061_thumb.jpg

post-91194-143141746085_thumb.jpg

post-91194-143141746103_thumb.jpg