Front disc brakes for 48 Lincoln!

Guest moodier

Guest moodier

Hi:I believe that the front disc brake spindle from approx. the 70s ford P/U should fit the Lincoln.I think have seen that somewhere on here!They even have the same bolt pattern and I did check the part number for the king pins is the same for the early 70s ford P/u and the 48 Lincoln!Any body that has done this conversion I know there is a conversion but have seen a price far out of my budget these spindles are common in most junk yards!Any ideas??Thanks!

I recall that you are correct, some of the kits available let you get your own rotors from a Ford truck. Check with Speedway Motors, Jegs, Summit Racing, etc, or just google kits for Ford car. You'll need a two chamber master cylinder with an under floor power booster, and likely a proportioning valve between front and back. Again, Ford stuff should work. If you do the installation, let us know.

Abe

Hi:I believe that the front disc brake spindle from approx. the 70s ford P/U should fit the Lincoln.I think have seen that somewhere on here!They even have the same bolt pattern and I did check the part number for the king pins is the same for the early 70s ford P/u and the 48 Lincoln!Any body that has done this conversion I know there is a conversion but have seen a price far out of my budget these spindles are common in most junk yards!Any ideas??Thanks!