LZ Trans Seal

jord

Back again for help, When I replace the rear tranny seal does the sharp point of the seal face towards the inside of the transmission, Continental Comments issue 104 mentions it that way. Also will I run into unknown problems or is it straight forward. Again I really thank you all for the assistance, I would be lost without the forum.Thanks

Seal was different, purchased it from Boos-Herrel and found two mechanics who both confirmed the tech article from continental comments, the pressure side pushes down on the seal and should hold back the oil. This is one operation I would not look forward to redoing. All this started when the oil float came out of it's pan guide and started knocking on the crankshaft, decide to pull the engine to repair it and while doing this found a lot of problems. Some of the gaskets on the transmission were missing so I was able to get new ones and will install. Also had to rebuild the transmision mount, it was toast. The new one looks really good. So hopefully in a couple of weeks should have the engine back in and running.

Thanks to everyone