1948 Desoto parts

thirtyfourdodge

Guest nshimala

Wow, surprised you don't want to rebuild it yourself. What would youl like for the two pieces of chrome in the front that ho from the grille to the sides of the front fenders and the rear driver side fender? My zip is 77373, for shipping estimates.

Wow, surprised you don't want to rebuild it yourself. What would youl like for the two pieces of chrome in the front that ho from the grille to the sides of the front fenders and the rear driver side fender? My zip is 77373, for shipping estimates.
I will check it out and get back with you. I am working on a 34 dodge frame off which I have had since 1970 and a tractor which I have had a long time too. Don't think I will start another.

• 5 months later...
Guest Dave's Garage

Are you still parting out this 48 Desoto? I'm looking for the S-11 Emblems that are on the back corners of the hood.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Dave

805-306-1969

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Driver side wind wing gas cap steering wheel and driver side front finder chrome and the two inch chrome connect peaces between hood and door both sides...can I have you send that stuff to me? In Ca. central coast 93444

• 2 weeks later...
Driver side wind wing gas cap steering wheel and driver side front finder chrome and the two inch chrome connect peaces between hood and door both sides...can I have you send that stuff to me? In Ca. central coast 93444

Sorry I didn't get back to you but I wanted to get a picture of the parts. Someone asked earlier about steering wheel and I need to contact him, the fender trim is already gone. I have the gas cap which is battery operated which works but needs rewired and chromed. The wing glass is ok. I will try to member the pictures.

Do you have the plastic surrounds (escutcheons) for the door handles? I have a 1950 DeSoto which has plastic surrounds on the door handles. They are sort of a yellowish/translucent in color with a notched/ribbed pattern around the perimiter. If you have these (must be in very good condition) and want to sell them, a picture and the diamater would help - as well as an asking price. I need 4 of them. They are a bit different than the ones on the window crank handles.

Irv D

• 1 year later...
Guest retearl

Is any of the trim for the 1948 Desot still available?  I just bought one & it needs some of the trim on the passenger's side.  Thanks!

post-155083-0-25584600-1445090014_thumb.

post-155083-0-44371600-1445090015_thumb.

• 6 months later...

Hi! I am looking for a hood latch for my 1948 Chrysler. Some of the years of Desoto & Chrysler have different style hood latches so if you could take a photo of yours I could identify if it would work for mine.

Regards

Bruce Watson

tralee@telus.net

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...
On ‎6‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 9:04 PM, Ann McMoran said:

I know this is an old thread but are you still parting out you DeSoto? If so, can you let me know. Thanks

I'm also looking for parts, like horns and arm rests. Thanks. Nick

• 1 year later...
On 2/9/2013 at 9:35 PM, nshimala said:

I know this is a long shot but, do you by any chance still have this grill??

On 2/7/2013 at 8:34 PM, thirtyfourdodge said:

post-50846-143141744406_thumb.jpgTook awhile but here are some pictures. Finally figured out how to resize so they would load. I have removed wheels to use to roll around my 34 and removed the rocker panel trim since the fasteners were rusted and it was hanging on one end.

post-50846-1431417444_thumb.jpg

post-50846-143141744403_thumb.jpg

I know this is a long shot but, by any chance do you still have this grill? My # is (501)8045105. Thank you

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

If you are still looking for a hood message me, I'm keeping the hood ornament. Located in Fortville, IN 46040 

Rick

left front_IMG_0955.jpg

yea I'm new also. Text me at 3one seven six 00 seven two 00. As you can see the car had been out in the weather along time but the hood is straight.