89 tc hesitates while driving

no1parfive

While driving, I get short hesitations as if I momentarily loose spark or fuel. I replaced the coil, coil wire, plugs, plug wires, distributor pick-up sensor, and fuel filter, with no success. Will continue to troubleshoot but was wondering if anyone in our club had a similar problem. I'm thinking my next step is to drain the fuel tank due to the possibility that I may have water-contaminated fuel (have already tried the fuel additive that is suppose to eliminate water, but don't trust this procedure). Would appreciate any input from our members regarding this problem.

Guest My TC Toy

Thats what I would suggest first. Get a good throttle body cleaner and clean as per can instructions drowning the engine at the end. Let the car stand for ten minutes and then restart. It could work wonders.

Guest My TC Toy

To check the codes turn the ignition key on-off-on-off and on. Do not start the engine. Then watch the engine light and count the flashes also notice the pauses between flashes. For example one flash pause three flashes translates to code 13. This will continue until all applicable codes have been itemized. Then check the service manuel or here for interpretation.

Good luck.\

Bob

• 1 month later...
My mechanic did the replacement, he probably only replaced the pump, if I have future problems, I will look at the other items you mentioned.

other items i mentioned should be done same time to lengthen the life of the fuel pump so its not working harder, the pump is the expensive more time consuming part to replace. filters and hoses are basically like changing the oil filter on your motor