WTD pierce arrow XA truck parts

blastermike

Hi, there are only 3 PA XA trucks known to still be in the states. A very rare machine. One of the three is well restored, but was recently sold and I do not know where it went. Parts are basically impossible. Your going to have to make almost anything you need. One of the other two has not been seen or located for 32 years, if it still survives. Can you post a photo of your truck here? I would like to see what you are working with. What are you missing? Ed

Hi Ed, i new the pa trucks were quiet rare, but i thought there must be a few others around, i know of one in a collection in belgium,which is complete and there were 1/2 a dozen or so imported into new zealand in the late twenties, two of these were xa's which i have found the remains of one, which is the short wheelbase model, ca 1923 according to the pa register, the one i am going to restore is very mechanicaly complete and is the long wheelbase model, 1925, i imported this from kendall new york about 4 yrs ago through contacts at the pa club who helped me i/d the chassis i had here, the main component i am looking for is the stromberg carburetor [MP2] and a starter and generator, the only other mechanical part missing is the gearstick and the topcover that holds it to the linkage box as the gearbox is in the middle of the chassis, this could be reproduced from pictures i have, i'll try to post some pictures in the next few days, thanks for your response. mike.

Assume you've seen my post looking for my 1925,,RF 7ton,,,pics of it w/ a load,, april /2012

It seems to have disapeared from earth,,It was a good runner,,Cheers,,Ben

Hi ben, yes i have read your post, what a shame it appears to have not survived, the one that exists here has got a new owner in wellington [in the north island] i am hoping to get a look at it sometime this year, i have seen the one in the richardson truck museum in the south island, its a 1912 model R3 5 ton and it looks a very sturdy built vehicle, the truck i have is pretty complete compared to other projects i have, i will probably have to fit a carburetor that is close in size to the original and the other parts i need can be manufactured, but i will still keep looking for now, it will be a while before i can start the restoration as i am halfway through a model 24 albion truck, cheers mike.

• 3 weeks later...

Mike, Last fall I saw about 50 photos of a 1924 Pierce truck for sale in Michigan. It had been taken apart 25 years ago, then stored poorly. Owner wanted $1800 US for it. The engine, ignition and wheel design all differed so much from my 1921 R10 that I passed on the truck. The only item I could use was the Starter. (also on your list). The truck had a single distributor cap, mine dual, waterpump etc all different. He only wanted to sell the whole truck. Truck parts are hard to find!! If you are interested in another truck let me know and I will e-mail scans of the truck photos and contact info. I don't know if it sold. I last contacted him in Oct 2012. Karl

Guest cben09

Was there a model # for that '24,,,Mine was long,,,28' +8.5" overall,,,,With Peters all steel wheels,,40x14 rubber,solid

on the rear,,,Oh,,Menories,,,Ben

Ben, this one has a shorter w/base. It sat in a junk yard for years until this owner pulled it out. Not a Moving van, it has a logging flat bed that has been on it from way back when logging was a big deal in Northern Michigan.

Mike I will send you info. Karl

Does anyone know if a PA truck was saved from a southeast CT junkyard at a farm in Colchester, CT, called "Marvin's" ?

It was an old dairy farm & barn as I recall, which was turned into a small/medium truck junkyard. The PA was the oldest truck there, (in the later 1980s). Long since been cleaned out of all the trucks.

Just wonder if it was saved; I am not wanting it, just nice to know if it exists. I might have a polariod pic someplace, but it was fairly complete. I don't recall much else except owner said it was a 29, and it looked like the pics posted above.