Modified commercial vehicles and not talking about hotrods

junkyardjeff

I seen some pictures of a 49 Chevy truck converted to a crew cab when it was new and was wondering if someone showed up with a restored or nice original converted commercial vehicle at a AACA show and wanted it judged what would happen,its not the way it came from the factory and definately not dealer installed so would the points start flying away or is there some forgiveness on commercial vehicles like that.

From the way you describe it, it would lose major points on an AACA Showfield. If it was a bare chassis that a commercial body builder rebodied when new, with appropritate documentaion, then it would be OK.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
Guest hearseguy27

Does the AACA recognize funeral coaches or ambulances? I have a 1927 Peerless funeral coach that I would love to see on a show field some day. That day however is far, far away.

Class 37a & 37b PROFESSIONAL VEHICLES - Definition: Professional vehicles shall include all ambulances, funeral vehicles, taxis, police vehicles, and other 4-wheeled automobile based professional vehicles (no ATV’s or water bound vehicles)

• 1 year later...

I'd say you'd be good. Although I'm not sure where to find a list of "Recognized body builder", or if that just means recognized via provided documentation.

Page 18, non-authentic bodies

b. Exceptions:

1. Precise identical duplication of a complete body or any part of the vehicle’s original body, as fitted to the chassis of the original vehicle when purchased new by the original owner is acceptable provided such duplication is reasonably required by the absence, destruction, or deterioration beyond repair. This would also include the duplication of a “First” body, supplied by a recognized outside source to a vehicle that was originally offered as “Chassis only”. Such an example would be the Commercial and Station Wagon bodies mounted on the Ford Model T Chassis.

2. A vehicle re-bodied by a recognized body builder during the era contemporary with the period that the vehicle was originally manufactured. (Example: Classic cars re-bodied during the Classic era by a recognized body builder.)

c. The burden of proof as to the accurate representation of a vehicle is the sole responsibility of the owner.