Tad Burness passes....

Spotter’s guides author Tad Burness dies | Hemmings Blog: Classic and collectible cars and parts

Having scored newsletters for so long now, I was familiar with the Burness reprintings that I read in some AACA region/chapter newsletters. I did not know much about that man, but he was famous in his own right. I may use something of his in our seminar this year.

Wayne

Wayne, in school every month or so we would get a paper pamphlet of paper-back books for sale. I was lucky, never denied a book, of appropriate nature.. I must have gotten this book in the spring of my freshman year(1969), aand have always kept track of it! This book is a compilation of Tads newspaper contributions he must have been syndicated and his renderings and facts appeared in the papers.

Jaypost-39071-143141720317_thumb.jpg

post-39071-143141720306_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Wayne, in school every month or so we would get a paper pamphlet of paper-back books for sale. I was lucky, never denied a book, of appropriate nature.. I must have gotten this book in the spring of my freshman year(1969), aand have always kept track of it! This book is a compilation of Tads newspaper contributions he must have been syndicated and his renderings and facts appeared in the papers.

Jay[ATTACH=CONFIG]174042[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]174043[/ATTACH]

I learned an awful lot from that book. I still have it around. Love the drawings.