Outside Sun Visor and Cloth Seat Inserts

hilgretasmom1

I am considering purchasing a car from the 40's that has an exterior sun visor over the windshield. The manufacturers accessory catalog shows this item but it was a dealer installed accessory. The seats in the car are leather with a cloth insert which is correct but I am not certain the cloth material used is correct. I am trying to determine how much of a deduction each of these items would be as apart of determing the cost to rectify them and ultimately what I am willing to offer on the car. It is not clear to me from the Judging Manual. Thanks for any input.

If the visor is shown in the manufacturs literature as a dealer installed accessory, there is no problem with that, there should be no deduction as long as it is in excellent condtition. Seat Cushions are a 5 point item. This should mean that you cannot lose more than 5 points for an incorrect seat cushion.

The front seat is a bench seat with the seatback split so that each side can fold forward for access to the back seat. Would the seat bottom be considered one cushion and each seatback seperate cushions for a total potential deduction of 15 points for the front seat and another 10 for the rear?

Judging is not reallyt quite an exact science. Depending on how obscure or how common the car is, there is probably a lot of variety in what different judges would recognize as being correct or incorrect. There is also a lot of variety in what different judges would deduct. I guess as an absolutely worst case scenario, there could possibly be a judge somewhere who would say that all of the 5 seat cushions are incorrect and deserve the maximum 5 points each resulting in 25 points being deducted, but in the real world, I have never seen a deduction such as that taken. The key to judging is common sense. It is hard to define and hard to explain, but I know it when I see it.