Bliss surrey class - 4B or not 4B

sambarn

Hey all, I'm considering bringing my 1958 Bliss Surrey to a national and can't really determine the class it should be in. It is a street legal (as of 1958) vehicle, headlights, turn signals and brake lights. There were only 500 built so would it be in the limited production class, 35. It has less than 100" wheelbase and less than four cylinders so it would be 35B. But it is also a factory built replica of a 1903 Curved Dash Olds so would it be 35C - Second generation Collector vehicle? or is simply production class? Or due to it's small size would it better end up in 4B - the micro through midsize foreign car class? It's far smaller than my Morris Minor. I'm just not sure what I need to do to register her for a show. Any help would be appreciated. -Sam

Sam,

Personally, I suspect that Second Generation Collector Vehicles is the most appropraite class, but I suggest you email Hulon McCraw and ask him.

<address>Hulon C. McCraw

V.P. - Judging

101 Dausuel Trail</address><address>Henersonville, NC 28791</address><address>

hcmccraw@morrisbb.net</address>

My family cringes every time I break into remembered SP (and that's not a car model name)....tomorrow and tomorrow and tomorrow, life creeps in its petty pace (car?) from day to day, and all our yesterday's have lighted fools the way to dusty death....out, out, brief candle, life's but a player who frets and struts his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more [hey, it's from memory, don't start correcting me!]

Glad to see there's some real class on this forum.....

and leave you with this...the quality of mercy is not strained, although no mercy at a dealership will fix a 2007 Jeep with a defective transmission control module for free........oops, my brother's problem sorta got into that one...

• 2 months later...
Guest ussms

I hate to change the subject but have been reading these post and you sound like some one that might know where I can buy a 1903 curved dash Olds. I live in MA so the CDO would have to be some place I can drive to. I know of one made by Mclean but it is on the west coast. YIKES!

Steve Simmons

ussms1@charter.net

• 3 weeks later...
Guest ussms

Thanks for the info. I have sent my email out asking about how and if I can become a member since I own Replicas only.