1947 Chevrolet Woody Wagon for sale $79k

aristech

I saw this on Ebay and would like your thoughts on the price. My thought is why so cheap has the Value of these wagons dropped that much or is that the going rate ?

Chevrolet : Other Woodie Wagon in Chevrolet | eBay Motors

There's nothing cheap about that price. According to a few price guides I've checked, it's priced a little higher than a car in #1 condition.

I saw this on Ebay and would like your thoughts on the price. My thought is why so cheap has the Value of these wagons dropped that much or is that the going rate ?

Chevrolet : Other Woodie Wagon in Chevrolet | eBay Motors

Oh really wow. I have been watching this car for a while on Ebay price started at $150k then dropped to $100k and now it is $79k. So for a car in #1 condition what is the value? What is it about these wagons that they are so much cheaper than a Ford?

Guest Rob McDonald

There's a Lesson to be Learned here, folks. When it comes to "off brands", ie. not Ford for woodies, not Packard for Classics, and not one of the Big Three for Muscle Cars, it is always, always cheaper to buy someone's beautiful restoration than to do it yourself. Sad for lovers of the weirdos, who've already spent the big bucks but there you go.

• 2 weeks later...
Curious: what do you suppose is the top material on this wagon? I think it's unusual in that it's not black and it has no shine to it.

Possibly a convertible top material. I have seen that material in that color.

Guest Rob McDonald

You're probably right. It would be ideally suited for the purpose and it does look good, if not authentic. Hey, when you're only going to get less than $79,000 out of a $100,000-plus restoration, you should be able to do it anyway you like.

Guest Rob McDonald

Wow, that's approaching half what it would cost for a professional restoration of a woodie like this. Awful time to be selling, great time to be buying.

• 2 months later...