2013 Founders Tour

Guest librarylady

Guest librarylady

Registration is now open for 2013 Founders Tour in Madison AL. This is the 25th Founders Tour, the first was held in Madison County Al. Registration Forms can be downloaded from naraaca.org. There has been some confusion over the hotel. The host hotel is the Radisson in Madison (or airport). It is currently closed for renovation and will open next month. The phone system should be operational in the next 2 weeks. To reserve a room call the Radisson 800--967-9033 and mention AACA Founders Tour to get our $79 rate. We apologize for any difficulty encountered so far. Betty Thurstone and I checked on the hotel today and the renovation is progressing nicely. We have great tour routes planned and many interesting sites to see. We may even manage to have ice cream at the ice cream social. Hope to see you there. Y'all come on down and enjoy some Southern Hospitality as we have a Blast from the Past.

We have already mailed our application!

This is the 25th Anniversary AACA Founders Tour --

I haven't missed one yet.

This one is back in North Alabama and South Tennessee...

where the Founders Tour started.

• 2 weeks later...

So.. A little birdie told me that there are 50 applications already and received by the North Alabama Regions Registration Chairman. That only leaves 50 more spots for the tour. Sign up now (before Philly) to guarantee your spot!!! All five of the families that have been on all 24 of the previous tours, have registered for this one. What a privilege to be there with them for their 25th tour! Don't delay! Order now! Operators are standing by!!

I'm going to give up my spot to other tourists. We did a very similar tour about 8 years ago on the Glidden Tour.

For people on the fence, do it! It's a great area to tour and the destinations are fun and interesting. Once you

do a National Tour, you'll trust your car and find it the best way to see the USA at 45 MPH.

If you see me on tours ask about running out of gas twice on the same day in southern Tennessee. (Moral of the

story is gas up when the opportunity comes)

It appears your Model A does not qualify for a Founders Tour due to the year

Founders Tour – The Founders Tour is sponsored annually for all vehicles, except race vehicles, manufactured from 1932 through a production year 25 years prior to the year of the tour. The Founders Tour was established to honor the founders of AACA, and was designed to permit the use of newer vehicles on an AACA Tour.