1912 Metz

Guest cooksey

Guest cooksey

I recently purchased a 1912/13 Metz roadster without title or registration. Does anyone know where the engine number or frame number is located? Is there a s/n list showing year of production?

cooksey

Guest Water Jacket

While your survivor is much earlier than even the most ancient CCCA Classics, it's wonderful to hear such cars are still accounted for, and many of us would welcome a picture(s) of it. I'm certain someone in the Horseless Carriage Club of America'd be able to help. They're an enthusiastic, genuine bunch.

Edited by Vertigo (see edit history)

• 7 months later...
Guest cben09

There are 2 museums in Waltham,,,

Charles River Museum,,,,and Waltham Museum,,on Lexington st [the old firehouse][opp city hall]

Both are Metz literate,

Waltham Museum hosts a car meet once a year,,good meet,,

Albert Arena is head of Waltham Museum,,has put his hart and sole into it for a lifetime,,

He knows the whole city,,even the water pipes,,Dont hesatate to phone him

He's the real deal,,,and a fine gentleman,,,,Cheers,,Ben

• 5 months later...
Guest sayulero
I recently purchased a 1912/13 Metz roadster without title or registration. Does anyone know where the engine number or frame number is located? Is there a s/n list showing year of production?

cooksey

I have an engine (disassembled) from a 1912 Metz. Are you interested or do you know of someone who might be?

• 2 weeks later...

Hopefully you found your serial number. It's stamped on the left side of the block (steering column side). There is no chassis number in 1912. The 1912 serial numbers began at 15,000. 1913 began at 18,302. Of course, this is assuming the engine is original to the car. The definitive Metz article was written by Franklin B. Tucker (past AACA president) and published in the March-April 1967 issue of Antique Automobile. You can get a copy from the AACA Library. The magazine itself is often on eBay.

Phil