Would I fit in a GT?

Guest Richard D

Guest Richard D

For the last several months I have wanted to add an Opel GT to my small collection. However I am 6 foot three inches tall, 215 pounds. People have said I would never fit in one, however in my youth I had a 1971 240Z that I found very comfortable. So two questions, would I be comfortable in a GT and could A/C be installed because here in Miami it has become non-optional. Even my 71 Z had A/C. I have tried to find one local GT to sit in but no luck. Any advice?

Thank You all and HAVE A HAPPY & SAFE NEW YEAR!

Richard.

Guest Oldengineer

Richard:

My son had an Opel GT up until a year ago. I'm 5' - 6" and 185 pounds and was 65 at the time. I could get into the passenger seat with difficulty, but, I couldn't drive the thing. I was so cramped in the driver's seat that I could only work the pedals with great difficulty.

Regards:

Oldengineer

1948 Chevrolet Fleetmaster Town Sedan

Guest Richard D

Thank's for getting back to me. I am going to look around the state for one I can actually sit in. I recently drove a friends 57 T-Bird to a local show and even with the power seat I had a real hard time getting in and out. Wish they had tilt wheels instead of telescoping wheels.

Regards,

Richard