Anyone need 1962 Electra parts?

Pete Phillips

Does anyone need '62 Electra 225 parts? I"ve been given the opportunity to take parts off of one about 70 miles away, sitting in the woods, before it gets hauled off to the salvage yard or the crusher. It's a four-door hardtop with factory A/C but the interior is not the best, as it has a smashed windshield and non-existent LR window. Grille is damaged and LR door is dented, remainder of body is pretty good. I've already taken lots of exterior trim parts if anyone needs those. If the weather improves, I will go back and take off more items, but right now we have snow on the ground here in Texas. Let me know what you need.

Pete Phillips, BCA #7338

Leonard, Texas

• 2 weeks later...

I am finishing up a 61 Electra 225, and could possibly use the interior door pulls from the 62 (if they are the chrome pulls mounted to a metal backing plate, positioned midway between the door mounted armrest and the top of the door panel). I believe these door pulls were on the "deluxe" interior in which the power window switches were on the door mounted armrest rather than positioned directly on the interior door panel. Please let me know if the 62 you are looking at has these pulls. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Good to hear...I need to replace my door pulls since mine are damaged and I can't get the pull detached from the backing plate to reinstall them on the car. They were removed early in the restoration process and now that we're about finished, we need to get them back on. I got one of them to come apart so we could get it back on, but not the other three. I don't know if there is a subtle difference between the door pulls for 61 and 62, so that is why I thought it made sense to look for all 4. Soo... I am very interested if you go back to get the other three.

Mike

• 2 weeks later...
Guest 4 bufords

pete,are the courtesy lights on each side of the ash tray good,should be the same as my invicta, the lenses are shot on mine , 4 bufords from ct

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Pete

Not sure if this car is still available for parts? I am after the clips that hold the cardboard lining in place inside the trunk. 4 clips onto the trunk hinges and 2 "pins" holding the long side panels. Also chasing the spring attachment that clips to the jack when held in the side frame of the trunk.

Regards

Rick

We have had a bunch of cold, wet weather the past few weeks, so I have not been able to go back, but the car is still there. IF it ever dries up enough for me to get back there, I will. I think the brake booster is there. Rick, the trunk compartment had water standing a foot deep inside, so I doubt if anything there is salvageable, but I will look. Ross, I am not able to remove the differential due to the car's location (and it has to be removable when I'm done, and won't be if rear end is off) and I'm only one person with limited time, however, the whole car can be bought for very little money--less than it would take me in labor to remove that differential, but shipping to Australia---yikes!

• 1 year later...
Guest ratfinkquick
Does anyone need '62 Electra 225 parts? I"ve been given the opportunity to take parts off of one about 70 miles away, sitting in the woods, before it gets hauled off to the salvage yard or the crusher. It's a four-door hardtop with factory A/C but the interior is not the best, as it has a smashed windshield and non-existent LR window. Grille is damaged and LR door is dented, remainder of body is pretty good. I've already taken lots of exterior trim parts if anyone needs those. If the weather improves, I will go back and take off more items, but right now we have snow on the ground here in Texas. Let me know what you need.

Pete Phillips, BCA #7338

Leonard, Texas

hey pete.names don out of hobbs new mexico I am looking for the 225 on the rear quarter can you help.you can email me at dquick@hobbsnm.org thanks for the help