1929 hudson interior

Guest gertj

I am about to restore a 1929 Hudson Std. sedan and need some information (photoes) of the interior. Especially the side of front seat and the door header, but any photo of the interior will be highly appreciated. I am living in Denmark and there is no other Hudson around to look at, so thanks for any help

Hello gertj, I have the same car but my 29 came with leather interior, so it will be very differant from factory.

Us older hudson nuts have our own chat group. Please join up and tell us about your car. Some one will give you the photos you want.

you'll find us here HudsonSuperSix16-29@yahoogroups.com

Edited by paulrhd29nz
wrong link (see edit history)

Hi Paul

are you from New Zealand?? I lived for 3 years (2000-2003) in Auckland, where I bought the Hudson. Sure you know Geoff Clark then. Do you know how goes?? He has not replied emails lately.

My hudson has what seems to be original leather interior (very bad condition), and I am going to make it in leather again. Thanks for your advice regarding the chat forum

Best regards

Gert

Yes, I and my 29 are from NZ, but have lived in Canada since 71, Geoff Clark is "the man". He is on the site I gave you all the time.

What's cool here is I have never seen another 29 with leather interior, and now you say yours has leather, and your 29 comes from NZ as well.

Small world!!! Hudson must have done a batch for export.

It is very possible that our cars sat side by side on the boat as they made their trip to New Zealand in 1929, Thats very cool!!

What serial number is your 29?

Yes, that would indeed be cool if they wee from same batch. Chassis no 869452.

would you by any chance have a couple of photoes of the seats??

So close mine is #879861. Considering Hudson made over 300,000 cars in 1929. I dought that you and I will ever find anyone with a closer

match in numbers than this for factory RHD cars.

Our weather here is suppost to improve starting tomorrow. I'll get my 29 out for a drive and get some Photos to you.

Paul, My 1914, Model 654 Hudson is serial #56864 (it is left hand drive),but in Florida there is the same car with serial #56865! I think this is probably the closest of serial numbers for all pre war cars of mass production. Rather difficult for me to visualize these two cars being built one behind the other almost a hundred years ago, and still surviving today. Seems like I recall about 5000 units built in production that year. Regards, Bob

• 4 weeks later...

Hi again,

The only detail I still need and which cannot be seen on the photoes is on the photo of the rear seat: If you could make a photo with some more light at the details around the panel under the rear side window. There is too much shadow on the photo to see it clearly. A little closer up would be excellent.

Sorry for asking so much of you...it is of really great help.

My old leather was by the way of same color as your. It is not original leather in your car, is it.

Best regards

Gert

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
Hello gertj, I have the same car but my 29 came with leather interior, so it will be very differant from factory.

Us older hudson nuts have our own chat group. Please join up and tell us about your car. Some one will give you the photos you want.

you'll find us here HudsonSuperSix16-29@yahoogroups.com

Hi Paul.

have tried numerous times to join the above mentioned Group on Yahoo, however always getting the same reply: "Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content", when I am trying to sign up. Any idea what to do??

Best regards

Gert

Here is a link to the Super Six Yahoo group. Frankly, I don't know what you are supposed to do when you get there. I believe you have to "join" in order to read all the postings, and to post new messages yourself, but it isn't clear how this is done. At the bottom of the page are some e-mail addresses. Maybe if you send an e-mail to one of them, you can find out how to proceed.

http://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/HudsonSuperSix16-29/info

gertj, you are right, something has changed. Follow jon37's link. It takes you to the new home page which is very new and odd to me, start clicking on stuff and see what happens.

I do not like change at all , and I do not understand why it happens.

I will ask on the site, as I visit it daily, Trust me, you will want to join our group.