1933 Chrysler CD 6 clutch adjustment.

Guest Monkeyman522

Guest Monkeyman522

I am working on a 1933 Chrysler CD6. I recently took out the engine and gear box as a unit, to replace the clutch.

I removed the clutch components and sent them out to Fort Wayne Clutch. I installed the new pressure plate, disc and throw out bearing and put the unit back into the car.

The problem I am having is the adjustment of the clutch. The clutch pedal has to be almost completely released to engage the clutch. I have tried to adjust it with the adjustment rod at the shortest adjustment and at its maximum adjustment with no luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you, Kevin.

I am working on a 1933 Chrysler CD6. I recently took out the engine and gear box as a unit, to replace the clutch.I removed the clutch components and sent them out to Fort Wayne Clutch. I installed the new pressure plate, disc and throw out bearing and put the unit back into the car.The problem I am having is the adjustment of the clutch. The clutch pedal has to be almost completely released to engage the clutch. I have tried to adjust it with the adjustment rod at the shortest adjustment and at its maximum adjustment with no luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated.Thank you, Kevin.

Two things come to mind, first, did you set up the clutch pressure plate release finger travel ? Second, did you get the linkages at the master cylinder for the cross shaft correct way around ? Both of these tasks are rather difficult to carry out without a maintenance manual.