1931 Ford Cabriolet 68C

• 2 months later...

Dave- The Cabby had three models in it's life. The early ones were designated the 68A and made until approximately Nov 1929. They had a '29 look and a more complex folding top than the later ones. The 68B was next and made until about May of 1931. It featured a newer updated look like other 1930's and had a vertical windshield. They were the highest production cabriolets with I think about 30K made.

The later Cabriolet, the 68C, was made from May 1931 until the end of production and totalled around 6600 units. They featured a more sporty syle with the windshield raked back about 10 degrees and hence are called slant windshield cabriolets. With the lowest production numbers and the sportier look and the convertible top they are among the most desirable of Model A body styles.

All cabbies are 'deluxe' cars per Fod marketing with chrome windshield, cowl lights, etc. Hope this helps-

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Still looking for older restoration, good driving condition 1931 Model A Ford 68C Cabriolet. Open to other year cabriolets as well. Please advise price and condition. Reply to this thread or call 937-638-5955 or 419-582-2861.

Thanks,

Bud

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi, still looking for a nice 68C. I would really prefer a Lombard Blue or similar dark-colored car. I know that being particular with such a rare car limits me, but I personally like Lombard Blue, Ford Maroon, Black, Brewster Green & Black over choices such as Yellow & Seal Brown, and Elkpoint & Kewaunee Green. A light color I like would be Moleskin Brown.

At any rate, thanks everyone for your comments and leads, and I wish everyone reading this a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

(My contact information is in a previous posting above).

LikesL29s

Hi Mercer09,

Thanks for the comment regarding the MAFCA site. I do look there. Of the two you mentioned, one is a 68B which I am not interested in. The other was a 68C which I called on the same day it listed. Unfortunately it had been purchased prior to my contacting the owner. That is why I posted my want ad here, so I can discuss a potential sale perhaps before it is generally posted. If you or someone you know is thinking of selling their 68C I may be interested. I have been declining on projects or cars needing total re-paints because of overall cost. I know it is a fairly rare car, and I am being a bit selective, so it is taking a while. Again, thanks for your suggestion, I appreciate it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Guest Wyona
Happy New Year to all.

Did not find the car I am looking for in 2013, but am hopeful 2014 will be the year. Hope everyone has a prosperous New Year. If you hear of a 68C for sale, please contact me (Thanks).

Yours Truly

likesL29s

I have a 1931 Model A Cabriolet (I believe 68c) for sale. It was restored in the early 1980's, always garaged, show quality. The paint is yellow and dark brown. If you would like to discuss it with me or see pictures my email is wyonap@comcast.net or my phone number is (505) 917-8901.

Wyona

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I hope everyone is having a good holiday. Just thought I would take a minute and re-post my desire of finding a good driving 1931 68C Slant Windshield Cabriolet, preferably in a dark color, Lombard Blue, Black, Brewster Green/Black, or Ford Maroon. Moleskin Brown would be interesting as well. Thanks, and have a good weekend.

Guest AlCapone

I think you will find most original Cabriolets came in Bronson yellow. Very, very few came in dark colors. You may be setting your demands to a point that you will likely never find the car of your dreams. You may well have to find the driver and have it repainted. Wayne

• 3 weeks later...

Quality paint jobs are expensive. The old paint has to come off, body prepped, then paint that can cost $400 or more per gallon. Figure $1200-$1500 for materials, $5000-$15,000 for labor depending on quality of job.

You'd be better off to sell car as is, let the new owner choose colors and quality.