Need Help in Gettin Me a Buick

Earl B.

From the cowl to the back, nothing will fit except the back bumper and taillights and possibly the trunk lid. And, while deferring to anyone with personal experience with a 55, I can tell you that my 56 Super 2 dr hardtop has the rear axle and torque tube from a 56 Roadmaster 4 dr sedan. That was a bolt in without any modifications needed.

I believe the front clip should fit, but definitely, none of the glass would work from a 4 dr Sedan to a 2 Dr hardtop. And nothing from a Special or Century would fit except the steering wheel and gas and brake pedal.

Hard to believe they could make all this one off stuff for 4 models and still make money, when today all they make are grills and taillights different and they are claiming bankruptcy!

The Steering wheel , radio ventilation controls , brake pedal yes. Gas pedal , no. It is canted at a different angle.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest 55Roadmaster2-tone

Hello B,

Still looking for a 55 Buick? Have one for sale at Selling Collection

She has had almost everything done to her and she has all the power options including AIR!

Edgefield, SC is only 3 hours from Charlotte, NC

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

And you ask this WHY? I told you Saturday, this car only exist in dreams and in Carmel, Indiana and Birmingam, Alabama. ;)

But if when you do find it, by all means Earl, start a new thread in the Me and My Buick forum entitled "Miracles do happen" ;)

But first please let me know, so I can discontinue my daily search. :)

Here is my old Willy's pickup. I sold it a few years ago. The ad read something like: "1956 Willys, good driver, rebuilt engine. Seller not motivated. Wife says if it doesn't sell I can keep it." It sold.

post-46237-143141844056_thumb.jpg

It is still the cover girl for the Willys Tech group: http://mvpimages.net/willys/show.htm

Bernie

Edited by 60FlatTop (see edit history)