'41 Connie Cross Country Route?

rockitdoc

Guys and Gals,

I got my Dad's car to start reliably while visiting over Thanksgiving. Much to do with the help I received from this forum. Many thanks.

My next challenge is going to be to drive it to Ft Collins CO from Pinehurst, NC this spring/summer. Before I do that I plan to go over the machine thoroughly by doing major fluids R&R, adjustments and general safety measures as recommended above. However, I think some of the best advice given was to map my route via V12-LZ owners. At least three reasons for this:

1) seeing a '41 Lincoln on a cross-country trip as a LZ owner would be a pretty cool thing for me to see and I bet the same is true for most others,

2) I, basically, don't know what I'm doing when it comes to this car (my experience being on vehicles at least 30 years younger) so road-trip advice would be worth more than gold, and

3) I doubt it, but might need a jump or a push somewhere along the way.

So, what is the best way to figure out where all you guys/gals live? I would also like to make sure folks along the route would welcome a visit. I don't want to be presumptuous.

I also plan to document this journey on this forum with text and pics as I go. It should make a pretty good read.

Thanks, in advance.

Guest zazothex

This is almost like "The Plan" I've been working on. Next year (2013) is the 100th anniversary of the opening of the Lincoln Highway. This highway was the first national memorial to the US' 16th president and it ran from Times Square, NY to Land's End in San Francisco. The second week of June is my goal to take 2 weeks and drive my '47 Connie the length. I'm doing it in 300 mile days which I hope will be short enough to not tax the engine too much and to allow for adventures and the like.

Rockitdoc - I'm in Memphis, but probably be out of there by July. But it is on your probable route on hwy 40 which runs to NC. If I'm still here, would love to give you a push if need be.

This is almost like "The Plan" I've been working on. Next year (2013) is the 100th anniversary of the opening of the Lincoln Highway. This highway was the first national memorial to the US' 16th president and it ran from Times Square, NY to Land's End in San Francisco. The second week of June is my goal to take 2 weeks and drive my '47 Connie the length. I'm doing it in 300 mile days which I hope will be short enough to not tax the engine too much and to allow for adventures and the like.

Rockitdoc - I'm in Memphis, but probably be out of there by July. But it is on your probable route on hwy 40 which runs to NC. If I'm still here, would love to give you a push if need be.

Fantastic! Lets tentatively plan on it. Right now, I don't have dates or routes worked out, so very flexible. We should try to hook up when you are coming through. I would love to drive the 'Hwy' with you, but the car I will be in probably needs to take a shorter route to Ft Collins, and the 'Hwy' is pretty far north, eventhough it goes very close to Ft Collins, CO at the western end. I teach roadbuilding at CSU, so travelling the Lincoln Hwy would make a lot of sense for me, though.

Scott