REGIONAL MEET-EAST COAST

Guest RonFrancis

Guest RonFrancis

The town of Chesapeake city Maryland has scheduled our third annual car show in our little water front town deep in the heart of DuPont Horse County. We have it all. Jeff Yeagle and I would like this to turn into a Region NWC event. We have had quite a few woodies and wooden boats both years. Woodies took our best in show (with a boat too) and long distance.

How about a dinner the night before or after, a cruise on a Federal Scenic Byway and attend the show. You guys that don't get your cars out often need to dust them off and do something to make our club known.

Maybe a few NWC officers could attend? We'll do the work, you just need to commit and show up. What could be better. We have B&Bs here in town and a hotel or two close by.

Back in 1974 Will O'neil, our founder, was gracious enough to attend our Woodies East Event. Lets get it done again?

Ron Francis

NWC LT Member #1

ron@ronfrancis.com

:)

Guest RonFrancis

I spoke with Mike Grajcar last night and he has penciled in his attendance. I'm willing to put in the effort here if members can make some calls and get people out int the garage and get ready for August. We can add a dinner if enough give us notice. Over night so you don't have to make the trip in one day is easy too. After two years of Woodie attendance, we have a great start. I know it is hard to get East coast cars on the road for any kind of distance. Your thoughts?

• 1 month later...
Guest RonFrancis

We have discussed a tour to Chestertown Maryland about 35 miles away (south). It is a great waterfront historic town you'll all love. A local business man on the town board would like to have the cars gather on Sunday which has a hotel for those in need. I believe we can reserve a small (terrific) restaurant for dinner that night. I am sure you will enjoy the day. Chestertown is like a bigger Chesapeake City on the Chester River with plenty to do. Let me know your thoughts?