1937 Packard 120 Touring Coupe....

Guest 37Packard

Guest 37Packard

This car is in very good condition for its age. It's a very rare body style called the Model 1094 Touring Coupe. There are very few two door 1930's Packards left with full size back seats. It has had a lot of parts rebuilt and the black leather interior shows very little if any wear. I recently had it repainted and got it back on the day before Thanksgiving. In the last year the head gasket has been replaced and the starter, generator and water pump have all been rebuilt as well as the sending unit for the gas gauge. The gas tank has been removed, cleaned and relined and the radiator has been removed and pressure tested. All four dash gauges work as do the speedometer, horn, parking brake, headlights, taillights and brake lights. The cigarette lighter even works as do the instrument lights. Your left arm is the turn signals since it never came with any. It didn't have an outside rear view mirror so I bought one that attaches to the edge of the driver's door. The things that don't work are the wipers, clock, dome light, and odometer. The car runs great and I drive it on most nice days even when it's cold out. All of the windows roll up and down and none have any cracks in them. I wouldn't be afraid to drive it a couple of hundred miles if I had to. It cruises nicely on the freeway at 60-65 mph. The owner's manual says the top speed is 85 (and the speedometer goes up to 100) but I wouldn't recommend going over 65. It was recently appraised at $45,000 and I have it insured with a classic car insurance company in a guaranteed policy for that amount. I have an original owner's manual for it which also has a lot of service info in it and I also have an original factory shop/service manual which was put out by Packard and was used by their mechanics in their dealerships. I have 60 photos of it available and also a 10 minute video in case you want to hear how the engine runs. Feel free to contact me to see the video or for more photos or with any questions. Call Dave at 502-767-777three or email me at dave314 at bellsouth.net. Here's a link to the video -

The price is $19,900. Thanks....

post-87438-143139277908_thumb.jpg

post-87438-143139277911_thumb.jpg

post-87438-143139277913_thumb.jpg

post-87438-143139277915_thumb.jpg

post-87438-143139277918_thumb.jpg

post-87438-143139277919_thumb.jpg

post-87438-143139277922_thumb.jpg

post-87438-143139277924_thumb.jpg

Edited by 37Packard
Price lowered.... (see edit history)

Guest 37Packard

I just dropped the price to $19,900. I'm in the process of purchasing a 1954 Lincoln Capri 4 door sedan which will hopefully be arriving this weekend so I would like to sell the Packard so I can park the Lincoln in the garage....

Edited by 37Packard (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest bankroll

I have a "37 olds coupe, also with a paint job, wanting to sell it but seems like its a tough market? whats your thoughts?

Guest 37Packard

I don't know what kind of shape the economy is in up there but it's not too good down here. Antique cars are a luxury item for most people so when money gets tight the first thing they stop buying is things that aren't really necessary like old cars. I have the Packard for sale here, on Craigslist in several different cities, and on Oldride dot com. The ads here and on CL are free and Oldride is $10 and you can renew it every month for free so at least it's not costing me much to advertise it. I would suggest that you run some ads for it and see what happens because you're never going to sell it unless you advertise it. Good luck....

• 4 weeks later...
Guest 37Packard
that gem

Thank you. I'm hoping for some action on it now since I just dropped the price to $19,900 so we'll see what happens....