Autobianchi

oldcar

What would you like to know? I have two, and they are very cool, and now worth much more than when I got my first. They are based on the 500, so all the major mechanical parts are 500. The electrical and body parts are not like anything fiat related. Keep I mind that the US version had different bumpers and lights, so you can not use the body parts or bumpers sold on eBay without modification.

need to know more?

OK, never call someone's child ugly,:( but that car is a little rough, and take it from someone who got one about the same shape for free, and I found a "parts car" that ran for 5K.

The glass is not like anything fiat produced, although I have heard of people who cut down a windshield to fit. I believe they are available, so that is not the scary part. The side glass is flat, so you can get too. The pictures look like you are going to need fenders or you must be a really good body guy. I am guessing that the floors are gone, and those you can use Fiat 500 ones, just need to be modified. The roof parts seem to be there too, and those are hard to get so that is good. The problem will be that this is a US spec (Note the bumperetts do not have lights at the top, and the turn indicators are 2 inches inside them) so you are going to need to make or fix those bumpers.

As to the registry, they are not very English savvy, so they do not seem to care much about the US (Forget the financial crisis). Before you start down this path, you might want to talk to a couple of people. I can point you to some parts guys who understand the differences between the US/EURO and Fiat/Bianchi cars. Contact me off list at WELLIS at LOTSOC dot COM.

All of that said, I would expect that there are a couple of people on this list who have award winning Transmobiles that might have started with less.

We

Hello Wellis66

One big concern is the windscreen and side window glass. Do either have a Fiat counterpart? Especially the windscreen. Are you in touch with the Italian Register? I have sent them an e-mail but have had no reply.

oldcar.[ATTACH=CONFIG]165138[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]165139[/ATTACH]

Hello Wellis

At present the car is in South Carolina and I am In Australia. I am well used to impossible tasks I took the photographs a couple of years ago but nothing has changed since. To My knowledge there may be only one or two Autobianchi in Australia. One of my sons has a Haflinger which has a similar Fiat 500 based engine.

At this point in time I have not contracted to buy the car.

oldcar

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all

If this little charmer is to be rescued I am going to need some help in extracting it from the woods in the north east of South Carolina. The present owner, an AACA member, is now in his eighties while I am stuck here in Melbourne Australia. First thing is to move it about 150 yards to a clear space next to his garage. Arranging to move it from there will be simple. He can co-ordinate the move but needs some muscle power.

Bj.

• 8 years later...

Hello,

I have an Autobianchi Bianchina that is finishing restoration. I am in need of the 2 bottom of engine compartment engine shields to finish up the engine compartment and one piece of dash molding.

Does anyone happen to have any parts or can refer me to a good source for these? 

Thank you

Victor