Engine oil type?

Beltfed

I don't know what area of the US you live in but there are several places to buy ZDDP . Snyders Antique Auto stocks it ,I think it's around $10.00 a bottle ..They have a Web Site ,check it out ..Secondly,There is a Company in Bradford Pa that refines a motor oil that's high in ZDDP..They Bought the Kendall Refinery and make high Performance Lubricants..They sell a lot of it to Race teams ..they to have a Web Site ie: Brad Penn refining.. I think i also Saw it in One of the Discount Auto Stores..

I already run "Brad Penn" in my street rod Packard. I am also planning to run it in the original V12 but I don't know what grade and weight to purchased. I "cooked" an engine several years ago running modern low ZDDP oil. The cam (Comp Cam) was trashed after just 3,000 miles. The ZDDP question has been beat to death on other forums I visit, but for me it's not worth taking the chance.

If you're running Brad Penn why not use it in the V12? I run 10-40 Brad Penn in my rebuilt v12 and Brad Penn 20-50 in the somewhat "tired" v12. The valve train in the stock v12 is fairly light-loaded so I'm not convinced that extra ZDDP really does a lot of good but I guess it sure doesn't hurt.

• 7 months later...