Straightening Out Steering Wheel?

rockitdoc

Not that it's bent, mind you, but it's turned about 90 degrees to the right when the car is tracking straight. I took off the wheel thinking it might just be a splined hub, but no such luck, as you all know, I am sure. So, looking down where the wheel connects to the steering gear is my next thought, but not sure that will work either. I looked in the book and couldn't find explicit instructions. Any help appreciated.

Thanks, in advance.

• 1 month later...
I'm not sure what you mean but ma by try pulling your steering wheel and installing it with the wheels straight.

That would be the easy solution, however, the steering wheel is not attached to the column by a splined shaft, instead it has a keyway. Only one position possible. So, it has to be straightened from underneath at the steering box.

by the way, the sleeve for adjusting the length of the steering rod is at the pitman arm end not the outer end as I previously stated.

Much obliged. I will be with the car for a week in March readying it for the journey to Colorado in June, and will work on the steering wheel then. No doubt, I'll have more questions.