Does anyone know where this picture was taken?

FYI In the center of the photo is a Drake's Cakes delivery truck.

Could the football stadium.... be that of Duke University? The top left hand side of the photo has a Duke University watermark.

Duke University a private research university located in Durham, North Carolina.

The stadium is definitely a baseball park, with the outfield wall visible in the foreground and the closest stands being the left field bleachers. The first base/right field stands can be seen in the distance. It also appears to be a single tier stadium, most likely of a AAA or AAAA baseball team. It is definitely not Cleveland Municipal Stadium or Crosley Field.

Leo Cerruti says: I can tell you exactly where that is! I recognized it immediately as I grew up a few blocks from there. It’s taken on Hudson Blvd. (now Kennedy Blvd.) in New Jersey. On the right is North Bergen, on the left is Union City. The Gulf station still exists as does the GO sign. The stadium is Roosevelt Stadium which has since been expanded and renovated. The Mercury sign is there because off to the right was a large Ford/Lincoln/Mercury dealer where I bought my first new car, a 1971 Maverick for $2095. Here’s a picture of the exact spot today from Google Maps: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/18728859/KennedyGulf.png

Guest 37Packard
AAA or AAAA baseball team.

I think you meant AA or AAA team since there are no AAAA teams. Since you're in the Cincinnati area you probably know that the Reds' AAA team is the Louisville Bats....

I have to agree with dep5...

I grew up in Linden, NJ , less than 1/2 hour from there, and dated a couple of young ladies who lived not very far from that area