1931-34 LeBaron bodied Pierce Arrow closed car

dep5

Well.......there are none. Almost none. There are a hand full of club sedans, and one EDL, photo enclosed. There are from memory, 5 31 Club Sedan eights, one 33 Club Sedan twelve & one EDL twelve, and one 34 Club Sedan twelve. THAT IS ALL. The EDL in the photo was mine, photo taken the same day I pulled it out of a barn where it had been sitting for almost 40 years. It had 29 thousand miles on it and a 1940 repaint otherwise factory. I kept it 10 years and sold it to the gentelman who also ownes the 34 twelve Club Sedan. They don't change hands very often. The split windshield LeBaron Pierce was my dream car since I was in high school. I couldn't believe I found an unknown car in the year 2000. I have quite a bit of info on LeBaron PA's as they have always been my favorite. A driver will run 150K or better. Only problem is most have been restored to 100 points and will run you 450k if you can find one. I know all the owners of all the cars, and currently only one may be available, maybe. Ed

post-31625-143139263497_thumb.jpg

Sorry, EDL stands for Enclosed Drive Limo, as for how many were built, 25 club sedans, and 10 EDL's. The photo above has me sitting on the right, and the gentelmen on the left is a well known Pierce collector with three Brunn Town Cars! I stopped by his house on the way home with my new prize to get some feedback, and see the look on his face when I backed it out of my trailer. After 4 tires, oil change and a new battery I drove the car about 5 thousand miles in the 65 year old plugs, condensors, wires,ect. It's still running strong. Every light and even the wipers worked fine. Only the gas guage was not working. Ed