Speed parts for '49-64 Olds Rocket 303/324/371/394 engines

Guest Blownolds

Guest Blownolds

Up for sale are the following speed parts for the early '49-64 Oldsmobile rocket 303/324/371/394 engines.

This post will be a VERY lengthy one in order to provide as much detail here as possible in order to reduce the number of questions I get in my e-mail (also please note that I ONLY want to correspond via e-mail, given at the bottom of this ad). To help you more quickly read through this ad, I am putting the name of the part in BOLD at the left, so you can just scan down the left side. Here goes:

--ADJUSTABLE ROCKERARM ASSEMBLIES FOR THE '59-60 371 (NOT '57-8 371), AND THE '59-64 394 OLDS ENGINES. Been sitting forever, need cleaning up at the least. VERY difficult to acquire, trust me on this one. You need adjustables for solid flat tappet cams, or solid roller cams, so you can adjust your lash. Don't even think about trying to use adjustable pushrods... (you'd have to take your intake manifold and valley pan off every time you want to check the lash). With the adjustable rockerarms, you can check your lash the right way... by just removing the valve covers... plus your non-adjustable pushrods will be stronger... Adjustable rockerarms are the better way to go!

For one pair of assemblies, enough to do an engine, the price is now dropped to $195 plus

shipping from California. Have a few sets left.

--EDELBROCK FINNED ALUMINUM VALVE COVERS FOR THE '59-64 371/394. These are the ones with 5 perimeter bolts. Has the Edelbrock cursive-script name in the center of the fins. This first set has good fins but has some breather holes on the sides. $225 plus shipping for this set. (SOLD)

--EDELBROCK FINNED ALUMINUM VALVE COVERS FOR THE '59-64 371/394. This 2nd set has no breather holes on the sides, but a few fins could stand to be touched up with a welder and a grinder. Not too bad though. And, if you got crazy, you could grind everything off of them and have a unique pair of smooth cast aluminum 394 Olds valve covers. $275 plus shipping for this set. (SOLD)

--'49-56 303/324 OLDS HILBORN FUEL INJECTOR. But not just any Hilborn... this one here is the VERY FIRST CASTING that Hilborn ever made, serial #101... and Hilborn has confirmed that on the phone. This is the number that they started their production runs with.

This one here consists of the two castings with the throttle shafts inside, and that's it. But, perhaps I could assits the buyer in obtaining some of the parts necessary to put the unit back into functional condition. We could discuss that.

Still, even though it's just the castings with throttle shafts, it really is the very first one ever made by Hilborn for the early 303 Oldsmobile rocket engine... a cool piece for the early Olds collector.... or a cool conversation piece sitting on the top of your engine...

Price dropped to $475 plus shipping from SoCal.

--RAM TUBES FOR A '59-64 371/394 (NOT '57-8 371) HILBORN INJECTOR. Set of 8 in good condition and not beat up at all. 2-1/16" I.D. with 2 screw bosses at the bottom and a bevelled lip on each for pairing together on siamese-port engines like the Olds. Original type and not the new stainless ones they currently sell (at $320/set!). Price dropped to $80 plus mail.

--BILLET STEEL SOLID ROLLER CAMSHAFTS FOR '49-55 303/324. Scarcer than hen's teeth. Lifters not included, but I have been told that '49-55 (and '56) 303/324 blocks accept the late Pontiac (and Olds??) roller lifters as a drop-in (I'd assume with a custom pushrod). $195/each plus shipping (SOLD ALL)

--ENGLE 238 SOLID ROLLER CAMSHAFT, CAST IRON, FOR THE '59-64 371/394 (NOT '57-8 371). Very hard to find. Lifters not included. $150 plus shipping

--BILLET STEEL ROLLER CAMS FOR '59-64 371/394 (NOT '57-8 371). Scarcer than hen's teeth. Lifters not included. Price dropped to $175/each (will consider a bulk sale at a price break if someone wants several)

--NEW CAST UNFINISHED CAMSHAFT CORES FOR '59-64 371/394 (NOT '57-8 371). Everything is finished on these except for the lobes. You just need to send them in to a cam grinder for your custom grind (for solid or hydraulic flat tappet grinds). The manufacturer of these told me that the material is higher quality than the factory GM cams ever were, and that there is more material on these so that wilder grinds can be put on these than by regrinding old GM cores (and if you're doing a very wild cam grind, then check out my Schubeck composite lifters listed toward the end of this ad). I believe these cost closer to $300 years ago when I bought the last remaining stock. I do not know if more were ever made after that. Maybe, maybe not. Have 2 available here. $225/each plus shipping.

--AFTERMARKET TIMING COVER #1, WEIAND FINNED ALUMINUM FOR '49-62 303/324/371/394. This one has a crack that's welded up, and another crack that's not welded up. There are 2 screws on the side for mounting something (maybe a timing pointer???) Also has a finned cam cover plate that has been modified to mount a pump (the cover plate could be switched out if desired). I'll blow this one out for $50 plus mail. (SOLD)

--AFTERMARKET TIMING COVER #2, WEIAND FINNED ALUMINUM FOR '49-62 303/324/371/394. Looks to be in decent condition overall. This one has a finned cam cover plate on it. The bottom 3-4 fins of the cover plate were ground down (probably to clear a damper), and someone also had tried to install a timing pointer (like a tiny sharpened bolt) in the cover plate... and that little pointer is broken off. Remove the cover plate and you've got a pretty decent timing cover. The cam cover plates can be changed, they unbolt. The worst thing about this cover is a little corrosion on the backside where it blocks water off... nothing a little beadblasting, JB Weld, and a smear of silicone sealer won't make as good as new. $115 plus mail. (SOLD)

--AFTERMARKET TIMING COVER #3, WEIAND FINNED ALUMINUM FOR '49-62 303/324/371/394. Looks to be in decent condition overall... maybe even better condition than cover #2, really. There is no cover plate installed. And, there is a small timing pointer (tiny sharpened bolt or screw) installed in the cover, and the firing order of the engine is stamped in the top (can easily be sanded out if you don't like that vintage racer's touch). No corrosion on the backside at all. There are 2 threaded water plugs installed. $115 plus mail (SOLD)

--AFTERMARKET TIMING COVER #4, WEIAND FINNED ALUMINUM FOR '63-4 394. These two years had a completely different bolt pattern, so this is different than the '49-62 covers. This cover is in pretty decent condition overall. A little corrosion on the backside where it blocks water off... nothing a little beadblasting, JB Weld, and a smear of silicone sealer won't make as good as new. And, the cover is painted yellow... I guess you can beadblast that too, if you want. This cover has a cast-in mount for a pump. If you don't want to mount a pump, you could make a small round cover plate to bolt to that. This cover is of the mid-'60's variety, with the "SAY WHY-AND" logo. If you know about the mid-'60's racing history, then you'll probably know that it was right about the '65 mark that most Olds racers had switched to Chrysler or Chevy engines. There simply was never many of these covers made. In 16+ years of heavy searching, I only saw one other of these covers, and it got destroyed. This one here is one of a very few left on planet earth. Price dropped to $225 plus mail

--VINTAGE AFTERMARKET CAST ALUMINUM VALVE COVER SPACER FOR '59-64 371/394 (NOT '57-8 371). This is for raising a stock 5-bolt factory stamped steel valve cover up high enough to clear aftermarket adjustable rockerarms (see my rockerarms listed above). ONLY HAVE ONE. Extremely hard to get, but if you already have one that's cracked because someone dropped it, then you'll jump for joy at finding this one. Or, you could use it as a pattern to make more from plate aluminum. $20 plus mail for this one.

--CUSTOM-MADE MINI HI-TORQUE STARTER FOR '49-64 303/324/371/394. This one only weighs 8 Lbs, and is a good-looking one that uses a Nippon-Denso motor instead of a Hitachi. When I ordered it, I also selected a more powerful version of the motor, so it could be used with a supercharged gas engine (not sure if it will power blown alky, but you could try). It is also designed for the '49-53 145-tooth flywheels. It was designed to fit the aftermarket aluminum lower starter/bellhousing crossover housings that put the starter on the RH side. MIGHT fit the factory iron housings that put the starter on the LH side, but I don't know. Never used. Box got a little wet, starter still looks very very good. I doubt you'd care enough to wipe it down unless you were building a trailer queen. Price dropped to $150 plus shipping.

--HEADER FLANGES FOR '59-60 371/394 (NOT '57-8 371, NOT '61-4 394). Never used. If you are building headers to fit the '59-60 #18 heads, then you need this type flange. Bolt holes not yet drilled, otherwise all holes cut. Years ago, I had a fabrication shop quote me well over $100 to make some bare flanges, so this should be a deal today at $30/pair plus shipping. Only have one set for '59-60.

--HEADER FLANGES FOR '61-4 394 ( NOT '59-60 371/394). Never used. If you are building headers to fit the '61-4 #20 or #23 heads, then you need this type flange. Bolt holes not yet drilled, otherwise all holes cut. Years ago, I had a fabrication shop quote me well over $100 to make some bare flanges, so this should be a deal today at $30/pair plus shipping. Only have two sets for '61-4.

--HIGH-END SCHUBECK SOLID 1-PIECE COMPOSITE SUPERSTOCK-STYLE FLAT TAPPET LIFTERS FOR '57-64 371/394. (Sorry guys, they won't work with the 330-455 engines due to lack of oil holes). 20 lifters total, good for a set plus 4 spares. (I'd think a perfect companion to the unfinished 394 cam cores listed above!) Years ago the cost from Schubeck was $1,100 back when Schubeck was in business (and they've been gone for several years now). Asking $750... e-mail me for details if you know what these are and are up for a purchase...

Add shipping from California via the Post Office (USPS) for all items. I'd prefer to deal with USA and Canada buyers only, due to the ridiculous shipping rates from all couriers to virtually any other country (which sadly then kills any sales to other countries and ends up wasting everybody's time). So, please-- USA and Canada inquiries only, thank you for understanding.

If interested in a specific part or parts, then please e-mail me DIRECT at blown394olds@yahoo.com instead of PM'ing me, thanks.

Edited by Blownolds (see edit history)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
Guest Roger Smith

HEADER FLANGES FOR '61-4 394 ( NOT '59-60 371/394). Never used. If you are building headers to fit the '61-4 #20 or #23 heads, then you need this type flange. Bolt holes not yet drilled, otherwise all holes cut. Years ago, I had a fabrication shop quote me well over $100 to make some bare flanges, so this should be a deal today at $30/pair plus shipping. Only have two sets for '61-4.

If the set is complete I need it.