I JUST LOVE THE PICTURE OF THIS BUICK...........

• 2 weeks later...

1964 Buick Wildcat Sprint - Concept Show Car.

Very little is known about the 1964 Buick Wildcat Sprint. It had rectangle headlights, a special red pearlescent paint job, a custom parade boot, and the bright work had red inlays as opposed to the black inlays on the production model Wildcat. The three "vent ports" were also a forecast to what the 1965 Wildcat "vent ports" would look like.

16380159084_ddf48e8801_b.jpg

Edited by xp-300 (see edit history)

I went to a Buick-Olds-Pontiac car show last Sunday in Scottsdale AZ last week-end. In the Buick section I came upon a car that looked just like this;

1954BuickWildcatII_2000.jpg

The car was stunning, however the owner/ builder of the car said to me that when he was a kid he dreamed of owning the Wildcat so much so that he re-created the car himself. I thought it was the real deal, however the owner assured me he built it from scratch.

Edited by helfen (see edit history)

That 64 Wildcat Sport also has what would become the 65 Electra cast side trims. I do like the color.

To Helfen, that fellow brought that home made Wildcat to the South Bend National. It is an awesome creation.

I went to a Buick-Olds-Pontiac car show last Sunday in Scottsdale AZ last week-end. In the Buick section I came upon a car that looked just like this;

1954BuickWildcatII_2000.jpg

The car was stunning, however the owner/ builder of the car said to me that when he was a kid he dreamed of owning the Wildcat so much so that he re-created the car himself. I thought it was the real deal, however the owner assured me he built it from scratch.

This one!

post-31244-143143053273_thumb.jpg

post-31244-143143053277_thumb.jpg

post-31244-14314305328_thumb.jpg

post-31244-143143053283_thumb.jpg

To clarify, the picture of the clown is not me. It came up as I was looking through old files and reminded me of the upcoming show and cruise season and how some people pose by cars. I don't clean up that good, I am generally cynical and opinionated. And, if you get close enough to get a good look in my eyes, you might become quite wary and back away slowly like the Rottweiler did.

This is me without my shillelagh.

post-46237-143143072712_thumb.jpg Bernie

Edited by 60FlatTop (see edit history)

Speaking of Clowns.....

Several years ago at a local AACA club show in St. Bernard Parish, Louisiana, raising donations for the Ronald McDonald House in New Orleans, my then 4-year-old grandson won the 27" 21-speed Dr. Pepper special edition bicycle and was awarded the grand prize by none other than Ronald McDonald. I wish I still had the photo of my grandson on the bike along with "Ronald", one hand on Nathan, the other arm on the driver's window sill and that huge shoe on the running board of the 1934 Buick.

post-54863-143143073216_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Two More From My Flicker Album

17216004332_0fb7dda47b_b.jpg

17029981588_9642d05a40_b.jpg

From Left To Right: 1956 Buick Centurion, 1954 Buick Wildcat II. 1953 Buick Wildcat I, 1951 Buick XP-300, (Obscured By The Man's Elbow) 1951 Buick LeSabre, 1938 Buick Y Job.

Now that's a bubble top!

The trailer in National Geographic reminded me of the one in "The Long Long Trailer" with Lucy. They had a '53 Mercury convertible to pull it, but it became a '53 Lincoln when they were driving it up the Sierra Nevada mountains. It was similar and I wonder how many viewing the movie noticed?

Did anyone notice in the above photo, that there is no roof over the drivers compartment?

What appears to be no roof over the left front is actually the models hair in the picture

thank for all those pictures of Buick with old caravans . I 'm looking for that because i have just bought a 55 special riviera, and i want to go on holidays with our old french caravan .

if you have more pictures, i'm interested !