I JUST LOVE THE PICTURE OF THIS BUICK...........

1945 Detroit parade.

Great photo, I know Dave has this, and I have made models of the 2nd. &3rd.floats pictured.

Look at all the hats the men are wearing, don't see such today.

I love this photo, and would have been thrilled to have been there in person, I was 8 then, and living in Bloomington, Il.

Dale in Indy

Edited by smithbrother (see edit history)

Dave, do you have this one ?

307768_432935193409963_1963108365_n.jpg

1945 Detroit parade.

Great photo, I know Dave has this, and I have made models of the 2nd. &3rd.floats pictured.

Look at all the hats the men are wearing, don't see such today.

I love this photo, and would have been thrilled to have been there in person, I was 8 then, and living in Bloomington, Il.

Dale in Indy

Yes I do and I too love this photo.

I have 9 photos of the Buick float scene all from different angles.

Look at all the hats the men are wearing, don't see such today.Dale in Indy

I paid my way through college by working in a couple of haberdasheries. The general consensus of the owners of these establishments was that JFK ruined the market for men's hats when he made his inauguration speech in 1961 hatless. The men of America followed his lead and shunned the dress hat. Enough trivia back to pictures of Buicks. :)

Ed

We had a 52 Roadmaster, CORNET COPPER, but had a BEACH white top, I think this is the color, but picture doesn't show it quite as bright as I recall. It wasn't real bright, and I can assure you tons of folks stop to ask about the color. It was a real eye opener.

Dale in Indy

Actually, with those orange plates, that could be Tom Kuter's old car from Churchville, New York. It was a standard shift and he had it for sale around 1985 for $2500. My wife needed a car and I almost bought it. The car is probably still around. The person who did buy it subframed it and put in a 455. It was black and I remember purple ghost flames the last time I saw it.

Bernie

Actually, with those orange plates, that could be Tom Kuter's old car from Churchville, New York. It was a standard shift and he had it for sale around 1985 for $2500. My wife needed a car and I almost bought it. The car is probably still around. The person who did buy it subframed it and put in a 455. It was black and I remember purple ghost flames the last time I saw it.

Bernie

I have several other slides on this Buick. From what I can see on the other slides the photo was taken in 1952 and the plate is a Illinois plate.

Its a twin, for sure. I'll ask Tom if his car wandered here from Il. next time I see him. There haven't been a lot of those 4 doors popping up over the years.

As side note, I stopped by his house one day while riding around in the '60. Sitting in his garage was this 1917 REO:

post-46237-143142469004_thumb.jpg This is the second "old" car I remember in my life. I saw it around 1961. It belonged to a friend of my Dad's named Webber, as I remember. He had two friends with old cars, the other was a Model T Ford touring that showed up in our driveway one Saturday for a visit.

Remember, in 1961 these cars were less than 45 years old, nudging 100 today!

Bernie