I JUST LOVE THE PICTURE OF THIS BUICK...........

A couple of nights ago the movie Pleasantville was on and when the part of the movie where Etta James sings " At Last " and that Buick is driving through lovers lane ( not to mention a pretty girl like that ) it made me think of this thread and how great it would have been for a Buick commercial!

click on the link for a great Buick ride!

At Last Pleasantville Date - YouTube

A couple of nights ago the movie Pleasantville was on and when the part of the movie where Etta James sings " At Last " and that Buick is driving through lovers lane ( not to mention a pretty girl like that ) it made me think of this thread and how great it would have been for a Buick commercial!

click on the link for a great Buick ride!

At Last Pleasantville Date - YouTube

For some reason the first thing I thought of was the movie "Rain Man"

"My Father lets me drive."

We took four 1937 Buicks to the NC Battleship Memorial for some photos today. We attracted a few spectators.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]294332[/ATTACH]

Wow, your cars are older than the ship!

That depends on how you count the age of the ship. The Keel of the Battleship was laid in 1937. That is one of the reasons we chose to use a photo of the four 1937 Buicks with the battleship for the dash plaque for an upcoming NC Region AACA Meet that will be held on the grounds of the USS North Carolina Battleship Memorial.

That depends on how you count the age of the ship. The Keel of the Battleship was laid in 1937. That is one of the reasons we chose to use a photo of the four 1937 Buicks with the battleship for the dash plaque for an upcoming NC Region AACA Meet that will be held on the grounds of the USS North Carolina Battleship Memorial.

When she is commissioned.

I attended the annual Kansas City auto show last weekend and saw a couple of not new Buicks that were being displayed as part of the collection from the newly formed Kansas City Auto Museum (It's actually in Olathe, KS.) http://www.kansascityautomuseum.com/

Here are pictures of the two that I saw that are currently on display in the museum. Both are locally owned.

post-50017-143143011199_thumb.jpg

post-50017-143143011192_thumb.jpg

Are the white wheel wells on the Skylark point deducts or did they come white from the factory?

Edited by RivNut (see edit history)

I like seeing Buick's from the 50's customized. I am hoping it might kick start more in the aftermarket with wider desire for these cars.

I would rather see what GM's Art and Color and Buick's styling creates rather that what someone thinks Buick, or any other make should look like.

There is no comparison;

bk1955special46929656.jpg

6ab2ffc0c34c879559c85f0d15703ec4.jpg