I JUST LOVE THE PICTURE OF THIS BUICK...........

OH Dave, I have it in our home, it JUST SHRANK to about 26".

Weather flexing in the Detroit area did/does that. DON'T YOU THINK?

I will have it at the Springfield Nationals, along with the Buick inspired FuturLiner, the Buick inspired Locomotive, and maybe the art deco 1940 TRUCKS TO COME piece.

Dale in Indy

MrEarl, I was JUST sitting down to comment on such, good ole MOON DISKS, and say "WHERE'S THE SCALLOPS"?

Sits a tad high for arty me.

That looks like the color of our 54 Lark.

Dale in Indy

P.S. Hoping to reveal my 400 hour+ 32" Locomotive of solid walnut build, SOON....., South Dakota Black walnut, and solid copper trim pieces. Only xp-300 has seen the build pictures.

Edited by smithbrother (see edit history)

Yep, called that tooooooo, but MOON Mfg. was the first real supplier, IF I RECALL CORRECT. They look/looked like the MOON......

Dale in Indy

Then came the "baby moons" smaller disks that covered just the wheel center. Like a dog dish hubcap but plain spun aluminum. I think the first use of moon disks was to curb the airflow across the front wire wheels on the "sling shot" dragsters.

Thinking back on the Moon/Racing disks, I do remember them being called Moon disks as well as racing disks. They were available as screw on (had to drill holes in your rim) or snap on like a regular hub cap. They were next to impossible to "snap on" without putting little dents and flat spots. I helped a friend put them on his 40 Ford convertible and we tried to be very careful but wound up putting some small dents in them. Boy! I would like to have that 40 Ford now. It was a very nice car and he only paid $300 for it back in 1961!

Guest mstanleyfl
Our 1940 Roadmaster 76C.

If this is a color pic that you have "gray scaled" would you mind posting the original color as well please.

Have been going thru my Hershey 2014 photos at this dedicated thread: http://forums.aaca.org/f228/hershey-2014-experience-favorite-photos-383100.html

Here's a Buick ('39 or so?) that was among the Car Corral subjects that I've covered there so far.

post-34222-143142833438_thumb.jpg

I will be reporting back with future Buicks from the Hershey 2014 experience, as I go thru my photos...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest BigDogDaddy

I came across this image on Facebook. I'm guessing both images are of the same car. Does anyone know anything about this car. Who built and why ?

10850196_913580838654054_7812579942195241444_n.jpg?oh=607b873a9e50e256f0e4272e52fb417c&oe=5513FE7C&__gda__=1426093764_55a6bb065c67ea3278737e649fde2e8d

I have seen these pictures before represented as a styling proposal for the 1959 Buick. Notice that the left side has door posts and the right side is pillarless. Also, the side trim differs from left to right. Because of this, I suspect that this was a mockup and not a functioning car.

Strange how the three tailfin concept never caught on!