Flood damaged TC's

Joe47

Both my '89 yel/ginger/blk cars were damaged by hurricane sandy. The insurance co.has totaled both. I have the option to keep the cars with a deduction from my settlement . The water was about 3/4 above the wheels and enterd the interior . There are stains on the seats and the floors are soaked . This was salt water from the canal. The water did not enter the trunk . The cars were in great condition , running and in appearance . The cars are complete were on the road and are salvageable . I live in NY on Long Island and by NY motor vehicle law the title change will reflect salvage but this can be changed if the cars are restored . They can also be parted out . If anyone is interested contact me by email . I'm asking the difference that the insurance co. will hold back and of course transportation costs . Both cars started after the storm but not now batteries are dead . Mileage on both are under 90k one was from an original ownner and comes with that paper work . I have to act quickly the ins. co. wants an answer . The salvave rate is 15% of the agreed value minus the deductible. Each car will cost you about $1600.00 plus transportation . My pictures were in my home comp. which was destroyed . These cars were better than your average TC . I would value them before the flood at $4000.00 to $6000.00 . I will leave my cell phone because of the time frame so either call or email. c 5165468154 jantist@optimum.net Joe47:(

corrected email jnantist@optimum.net

Joe,

Save your hard drive from your computer if you still have it, you may be able to salvage it and have them transferred to another drive and/or cd/DVD.

i am also on LI, but didn't have coverage since it was off the road, so I too am trying to salvage something from my car.

Good luck, I hope the forum members will try and help save a few TC's and help you out as well.

jim

Hondo Too bad about the no insurance . :( Seems nobody is interested in our cars. I've contacted my insurance to take the cars . I know of another TC in the Rockaways , I sold it to the guy last year . He contacted me ,wanted to give it to me but I can't deal with my own . That's 4 Tc's going away . Joe47 I kept the hard drive so far no luck . I tried at Best Buy but they could not get the info off the drive . Will try again.

Joe,

Have a friend who may be able to salvage my hard drive. Micro center may be an option as well, they seem a bit more in tune with saving stuff. I'll let you know how I make out. I'm thinking there are other cars out there that were lost we just haven't heard about it.good luck.