1938 Desoto bumper wanted

fryguy

Hi, yes it is a three ribbed bumper like the picture below. Let me know if this is something that looks like what you have

post-89457-143139262878_thumb.jpg

Looking for a set of 1938 Desoto bumpers to complete a project on a coupe I own. Bumper can be from a sedan as I don't think they were differences between body styles.

Fryguy

Thanks for the replies. I guess I have a '37 desoto, lol. I received this in a trade and the title says '38 desoto. Looks like I will have a hard time finding a '37 bumper as they seem to have a double use. I guess I can check out the Briz bumper solution but I am not keen on having an aluminum bumper. Might have to inquire about getting it chromed

Fryguy

• 1 month later...
I saw this bumper on a 37 Chry Imp and thought that it was the wrong one. To many ribs and the guards were behind the bumper. The 37 Desoto and Chry Imp have a lot of similarities.

The upper half of the Chrysler bumper is ribbed. The whole DeSoto bumper is ribbed.

Keiser, I saw the all rib bumper with the guards on the back side of the bumper. It was on a 37 Chry Imp rumble seat coupe that was for sale in your neck of the woods up thier. I'm putting togather a 37 and i thought we had the wrong bumper.

Sounds like it had the wrong bumper on it. As I mentioned the Chrysler had only a few ribs on the upper half of the bumpers. The guards were in front of the bumper.

post-37352-143139331413_thumb.jpg

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)