AACA Needs More Judges...You Tube Video

Steve Moskowitz

Great video! Hopefully it will get the results it intended to. I for one enjoy judging tremendously and do feel good every time I finish an event. What better chance to look over and see some of the best cars and restorations this world has to offer. My only regret is that I can't afford to travel to every event, but maybe some day that will change.

• 1 month later...

Nice video and well done. Read Majors is a good representative for AACA judging. If the video could be re-editied with Read's voice over some actual car show footage it might be more enjoyable to watch and encourage more participation. I strained to see and old car in his garage and was disappointed there were none to be seen. I bet there is a volunteer out there to re-edit it and show some actual antique cars in the process of being judged at a real car show.

I'm a liitle relutant to send this post, but it's the same reason I like meetings with actual cars, or actual restorations instead of talk.

• 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Very Nice Video. Here is what I must add... I have a few judging credits and a few CJE chips and Judging School Credits. They were NOT EASY for me to get! I am out here on the west coast and it is very difficult to get to AACA meets to participate. I don't have deep pockets to get out where the shows are held, I WOULD LIKE to, but there is just NO loose change for me to hop around the country to do this. I attend as many LOCAL Concours d'Elegance events as I can, I judge at ANY that I can participate in and try very hard to bring out cars to shows. That said, I have to say that I have seen the AACA judges training videos used at some events.. This is a GOOD THING! But most of the judges are selected from members of the SCCA. I am not exactly sure why I am judging collector cars with a team of SSCA members that have never had any interest in MOST of the cars that you see at some of these shows. LOOK at the AACA class structure and think about how many SPORTS CAR CLASSES you see listed. THE SCCA members are not actively engaged in the collector car field as are AACA members.

BUT, Now I have gone off-subject, so back to it. I would LIKE to see more AACA Judged shows out here where I can participate in judging any and all vehicle classes. I am ready...