1930 ford truck spare tire mount

Guest everettflash

Guest everettflash

i have a 1930 ford pickup that i am finishing restoration. the wheel well is on the drivers side. there is no hole in the splash apron or hole in the frame where the mount should bolt. i checked the frame on the other side an no hole or dimples where the rivets should go. any ideas

Guest everettflash
The mount is supposed to be on the driver's side. Your truck might have been made up from a car frame. Bratton's sells all the parts to install a sidemount. The 30-31 is different from the 28-29.If you don't have a catalog they'll send you one. 301-829-9880 for info or 800-255-1929 to order.

thanks Dave for the reply. that was my thought. what concerned me was the lack of holes in the frame. one hole would be large where the nut would be on the opposite side of the frame than the bracket. should i drill that hole and would it weaken the frame.

Guest everettflash

thanks Dave for the reply. that was my thought. what concerned me was the lack of holes in the frame. one hole would be large where the nut would be on the opposite side of the frame than the bracket. should i drill that hole and would it weaken the frame.