Can anyone help identify this car?

locoman

I don't know what it is. The context would help, I suppose; if you knew the people, state, country, etc. I'd be surprised if this veteran car was built after 1903. I suppose it could be an extremely early Pierce or possibly a De Dion Bouton. It looks like the crankhole and flywheel are visible on the r.s. of the auto.

May be a St. Louis ?

Thanks to all that replied. I have no idea what the car is. I'm also guessing 1901-03 vintage. Picture was given to me by a historical society to help identify. Picture was taken in Beecher, Illinois. No idea who the people are. If anyone would like me to send them a copy by e-mail, just send me your address. Thanks for any help. Locoman.

I've seen pics of that type car before. I thought Oldsmobile at first also. The 1903 era is right. I have pics of similar cars but they don't match - one is a Stevens Duryea gas car, another is an American Electric. It looks like a steam car with it's a boiler in back & condensing coils under the front. But that could just be the flywheel in back. Still looking...

Edited by UCGHandyman (see edit history)