My father's 1964 Buick LeSabre Convertible

mercgt73

mercgt73-are the 63 and 64 hood front chrome piece the same-i bought -i thuoght a 63 riviera trim piece and was sent a lesabre instead.thanks for any info.t.nugent roa 12969. if anybody has any use for this contact me on the riviera forum by PM.

I am not sure, sorry!

NICE!!

Ben

Thanks!

VERY nice! I hope my '64 Electra convertible looks that good when I am done :-)

Thanks! I'm sure your Electra is going to be awesome.

I have seen this car at the cruise in at Marley.

You sure have! Do you go regularly with your Buick Special?

Sweet car!. Looks like you did a great job on the restoration. Did you take before and after pics that you can share. Progress pics keep half of us motivated, and cause the other half to drink to excess. Curious about the wide whitewalls. Shouldn't this year have a thin single whitewall stripe?

Yes, nice car. I was born in 1964. I have purchased and owned all 3 of the 1964 Buick full size convertibles and to be honest, I enjoyed my LeSabre convertible the most. I like your dark color. Is the motor the 300 with aluminum heads and intake?

Sweet car!. Looks like you did a great job on the restoration. Did you take before and after pics that you can share. Progress pics keep half of us motivated, and cause the other half to drink to excess. Curious about the wide whitewalls. Shouldn't this year have a thin single whitewall stripe?

Hi John and thanks! Unfortunately, there were not many pictures at all. This car really took off after my dad retired, and I was still in school so we did not document near as much as we wanted to. And about the tires, my dad just picked out the ones he liked. They are from Coker. We did not know enough about those years and how it was reflected in the tires. How were the tires striped in 1964?

Yes, nice car. I was born in 1964. I have purchased and owned all 3 of the 1964 Buick full size convertibles and to be honest, I enjoyed my LeSabre convertible the most. I like your dark color. Is the motor the 300 with aluminum heads and intake?

Bryan, thanks for compliments! My dad loves his LeSabre, drives it everywhere to car shows. Sun, rain... whatever. The engine is the 300ci and I am almost positive it has aluminium heads and intake. I will definitely check the next time I am at the shop. Maybe grab some pictures, too!