Looking for '41 Cadillac Factory Air photos

Guest Rodmaru

Guest Rodmaru

I would like to locate photos of 1940/41 Cadillac original factory air installations for a book project.

Must be un-modified. Also early FrigiKar installations. Full credit will be given for any images used.

Rodmaru

• 2 weeks later...

As far as I know, Cadillac did not offer air in 1940, only 1941-42. Chrysler offered for one year only before the war, but i don't remember if it was 1941 or '42. Packard was the only company to offer air for the 1940 models, and continued to offer air through the 1942 models on all series.

Thanks for digging the photos, Tom. I have never seen a prewar Cadillac or Chrysler with air. I have always assumed the compressors and evaporators were the same, but they're both different than Packard. I have also always assumed the units were all made by the same company, Bishop & Babcock out of Cleveland. Does anyone know if that is true?

Edited by West Peterson (see edit history)

• 4 months later...

How the book project going. I have a 42 Air conditioner project I working with several Packard Friends.

I hope to get a copy of set of factory blue prints soon!!! One for 180 limo and the other for 180 formal sedan. Time and Money permiting. and staying retired with the resources to stick it out.

Guest Rodmaru
How the book project going. I have a 42 Air conditioner project I working with several Packard Friends.

I hope to get a copy of set of factory blue prints soon!!! One for 180 limo and the other for 180 formal sedan. Time and Money permiting. and staying retired with the resources to stick it out.

I'm just about to upload the file to Amazon. Cross your fingers! Thanks to all AACA guys who sent photos. I did get some squirrely photos from Chrysler on their 1941 models. The registers were smaller than Packard, but of the same design. The Cadillac registers seem to be in the middle, size wise. B & B probably got them from the same manufacturer if they didn't make them themselves.

Rod.

• 1 year later...
Guest mikeburch

This is, probably, too late to help, but I have a set of PACKARD Service Bullitens, which show the Factory air.

Let me know if I can help.

Thank you,

mikeburch