Can you identify this unknown make, model and year?

58L-Y8

Sorry Layden, Olds was my 1st choice also, but my Olds book by Dennis Casteele does not show this fancy roadster. The four cylinder dual ignition engine with space at the back for 2 more cylinders would explain the long hood. Could you have had a choice of a four or six? My jury is still out!--Bob

For 1910 there was a Limited Series 24 which would be this engine with another set of jugs making it a six cylinder, larger wheels and longer frame too. It was a 2 door 2 passenger so may basically have shared this body.

Picture below is a 1908 Series MR, few similarities but that is to be expected in a rapidly changing brand, Curved Dash to Limited is a big stretch!

post-34894-143139243616_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...

It appears to me to be an Olds as well. More than just the hubcaps are correct but I do not believe it is a 1910 due to the rear fenders. I have all the catalogs for these years and there is no match to this one. One very unusual aspect of this one is the added doors to the roadster. Without further research I am guessing it is a 1908 or 1909 but matching up the fenders is a question for me. I will try and go through more of my material tonight. Bob, there are several errors in Dennis's book for the early cars and the body style in this picture was not used for the Limited roadster. Very interesting picture!