storm damage

Guest 4 bufords

Guest 4 bufords

hope the people in the path of sandy are ok and get the help they need to recover, i know there are some buick people in the disaster area' 4 bufords from ct.

It did not affect us much here. Never even lost power. South, and South West, of here was really hit hard. Heard from friends on Long Island. They said there were trees down everywhere and the lights were still out at their home in the West Hampton area. A neighbor said that NY City and vicinity looks like a war zone. It will be still be sometime before power and transpotation sevices are restored. No generators available anywhere. Many places do not have gas to fuel them for many who have them. In my oppinion these little gas generators are about worthless in an emergency of this scale because of lack of available fuel. Better to have a diesel unit if you heat your home with oil as the fuel in the oil tank can be used. Or a propane unit with a large enough bottle that will carry it for a week or ten days at least. I can power my entire home on 7/8ths of a gallon of diesel per hour spinning a 35,000 watt PTO driven generator with my 50 horse power diesel tractor. The engine runs at an easy 1,425 RPM. More watts than I actually need, but with that said, I am not running on the edge of burning something out for lack of power either. Dandy Dave!

Guest 68 Buick 3369

No damage here with the exception of a few small branches. Power stayed on throughout all of it and winds only gusted to about 40 mph.

I talked with my friend that travels to Bedford Hills. He said the power company told his mother and brother they will not have power until the 11th of November. It was 20F degrees here last night. Lucky that they have a wood stove at least to keep warm. Dandy Dave!