14" RIM FOR WHAT YEAR AND MAKE?

Guest soledadsp

14" may be from a 1967 Ford Fairlane with that chrome outer wheel rim. I think that the MoPar type like that one is 15". What is the bolt pattern dimension? Take the tire off to see the Chrysler pentastar or the Fomoco logo.

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)

These are known as Magnum 500 wheels. They were offered on numerous GM, Ford, Mopar (mainly Dodge) and AMC models from 1969 through 1973. Chevy sold them as "Supersport wheels", and Oldsmobile sold them as "Rally 1" wheels. I think everyone else sold them under their real name, Magnum 500. They were made for all four U.S. manufacturers by Motor Rim & Wheel Service, Inc. if San Leandro, CA.

I ordered a 1968 Chrysler 300 convertible. The options were listed in a book and consisted of a list longer than my arms. Wheel options included a wheel that looks very much like this (but not identical) that Chrysler called a styled steel wheel. Options were a standard design in 14 or 15 inch size, and the styled steel wheel in the 14 inch style. There were 2 brake options; heavy duty drum brake package with 14 inch wheels or disc brakes with 15 inch wheels. I wanted the styled wheels so badly I passed on the discd brakes and ordered the heavy duty drum brakes and heavy duty suspension. With a 440 V-8 that was one fast car. After switching to radial tires it handled as well as it ran. Incidentally, It was the last new car I bought before I got married although I did buy a brand new '69 Ford F-100 the next year. Paid cash for both and that was the last time I ever owned 2 new, paid for vehicles at the same time. Oh for the good old days.