Can anyone please help identify this old wheel?

Guest veronicathecow

Guest veronicathecow

I have spent many hours searching the net trying to identify this wheel and have admitted defeat :(

It is made of aluminum (Or perhaps magnesium alloy?), marked with the words "Japan" and "R-25" and I think "Enkei" a hole for a valve and a diameter of 20 inches and a rim width of 2 and 5/8th inches.

Any ideas about what this was from, dates or other details would be much appreciated.

Many thanks

Tony

post-89084-143139233654_thumb.jpg

Guest veronicathecow

Hi keiser31 and Dave@Moon many thanks for replying with your suggestions it has narrowed things down somewhat..

I have searched for the words vintage wheel and then Honda, Suzuki or Yamaha but no luck as yet, I didn't think about it being a motorcycle wheel...

I looked at the Enkei site in the hope they might have a forum but they have facebook and I really dislike using their system but I might rejoin later to see if they can be of help

Still will keep trying, all the best, Tony

Guest veronicathecow

Hi 58mustang thanks for reply, whilst it would be nice if it was worth something I am just as interested in what and when.

Cheers

Tony

Guest veronicathecow

Hi Gary F thanks for reply, that was my first thought as well especially painted a sort of "Traction Engine red" but what with the marking it looks like it might be a motorbike wheel, I am still looking around the net.

Guest veronicathecow

Hi keiser31, thanks for that but I went through all the google pics and nothing the same as mine.

I also tried "enkei curved motorcycle", and "enkei vintage curved" "enkei old motorcycle" and numerous variations oh and also "turbine". It's the 5 pairs of double curved spokes that seem rare.

For one second I thought I had it but then realised it was the picture from my forum post!

Guest veronicathecow

Thanks Keiser31 I have put it in the Vintage Japanese Motorcycle Owners Group forum and am crossing my fingers.

Many thanks for your help

Guest veronicathecow

Thanks to you all for your kind help, it appears it is likely one of these

early 80s Yamaha. Maxims (550, 650, 750), Viragos (750, 920) and XV920R

Cheers